• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jbell_64

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    Mitchell
    How much would a military surplus bolt carrier group have cost before the hysteria? Also, what are the cons or possibly pros of getting one?

jbell_64

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    Mitchell
    The reviews I've seen are mainly ok or negative in nature but only a few more bucks will get you much better quality. I'm really looking for a DD or BCM do go with my DD barrel and upper.

jbell_64

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    Mitchell
    Army surplus store in Bedford has a 5 gallon bucket of them. Some look brand new and some look a little rough. I think he quoted me one fifty something for a complete bcg. Won't guarantee that price though.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Army surplus store in Bedford has a 5 gallon bucket of them. Some look brand new and some look a little rough. I think he quoted me one fifty something for a complete bcg. Won't guarantee that price though.

HHhhmmmm.........$150 for a military used up BCG from a pile in a freaking 5 gall. bucket. Man what has the world come to.

solution_zero

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Indy
    A few years ago there were a lot of DRMO A1 and A2 uppers that were given to police departments, who sold them to buy M4 type uppers. There was guy from Michigan selling them at the Indy 1500, they ran ~$300 to $350 for the complete upper. Everything was in VG condition, well worth the coin. All the bolt carriers I got were unmarked military contract, the bolts were Colt and FN. Wish I would have bought more of the uppers.

Sainte

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2013
    Don't skimp on your bcg, it is prolly the second most important piece on your rifle if not the first outside the barrel

03A3

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Shaker Prairie
    Whats the name of that store in bedford. DSA is starting to ship their bcg soon

It's probably Indiana Army Surplus unless there's another one there that I haven't heard of.
    The trip from here to Bedford is a bit of a journey so I've only been there twice. In fact the last time I bought anything from them I called them and they mailed it to me. They were always easy to talk to and seem like good people.
    $150+ is what I consider a lot for a used BCG but that's the times we live in.
    I haven't bought anything like that in a long time but it seems like the last time I bought BCG's it was approximately $100 for new LMT FA.
    With the way things are now I wonder if someone will go to Bedford and buy the entire bucket?

03A3

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Shaker Prairie
    I've heard bad stories regarding RGUNS, they charge $100 just to cancel your order...

I've been hearing this too.
    Can they do that?
    Is it stated on their website that this is their policy and that you agree to it buy placing an order with them?

Last edited:

Clay319

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 5, 2012
    Boone County
    I can't say that I have ordered from them but internet rumor seems to be CS is very poor, product is not in stock reguardless of website status, and delivery takes a long time. However, the product seems to be OK if you can wait them out. I wouldn't have a problem with ordering from them as long as you know what you are getting into.

Top Bottom