• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • obijohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Terre Haute
    You don't find the 9V too much for indoors?

no. or rather, not yet. most of the walls in my house are darker with lighter ceilings. i can light an entire room with a flash of the light on the ceiling (yes, i know bad muzzle position for efficient mount of the rifle), have more than enough light for most anything else on my property.

i really like rhino's idea for the multi power 9v led. run it low/mid indoors and throw it wide open when you need it, like outdoors. i wonder if clyde and the folks at first light could make something like this....

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Chances are some of the better LED lights from OLight, Fenix, or one of their competitors would fit the bill, even though they currently make 6V lights.

For instance, the "premium" version of the OLight Warrior has a Cree R2 emitter (currently the top of the line) that will throw a beam to 250 yards. They claim 250 lumens on the max setting, but such ratings are usually "optimistic." Still, it's a crazy bright light, as is the Fenix T11. The OLight has more modes, though.

LEDs from two years ago did not impress me. Current high efficiency LEDs using Cree P4, Q5, and R2 emitters (and similar products from other manufacturers) are almost unbelievable in their performance unless you've seen them. Old LEDs didn't have much "throw," but that has changed dramatically.

Top Bottom