• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Psode27

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2011
    Rochester
    I think this will belong in here... Here is the short story. I built a form 1 30 cal suppressor for my SBR draco. In my dry fit testing, all was well. I shoved a piece of 19/64 drill rod down the bore, and it didn't touch any part of the can. I thought I was golden. When I rocksett'd it/torqued it (35 ftlb), It most certainly is not safe to shoot. the drill rod rubs hard on part of the can. I feel I'm getting screwed by the QD mount hitting the front sight and cocking the thing crooked. My hypothetical fix is to shorten the rear part of the brake, and rather than have it hit the front sight, have it stop short and use the end of the muzzle as the "shoulder". Am I silly for thinking this? If it works, I'd likely cut the "brake part" (SDTAC) of the muzzle device off, and just use the QD ACME threads (I don't care if it has a brake or not). I just would REALLY like to use the can on this rifle, without re-barreling it. In conclusion, will hacking up the brake make my can work?

*I think the threads are concentric based on my dry fit testing, There is only a problem when torqued I think...

G3hkray

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2015
    valparaiso
    The brake probably bottoms out on the crown and is off set by the spring retainer from the front sight post. I added a couple copper washers to bottom out on that. I don't have my stamp yet so I haven't checked for interface yet. I thought it would be a problem. Like I said I haven't been able to measure it yet but give it a try it might straighten it up

Psode27

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2011
    Rochester
    I took the spring retainer pin out.. :( I had to time the brake, so I added a few shims, and it still is jacked up. The shims were all 5/8 shims I had laying around, but they seemed to contact all surfaces well.

Top Bottom