• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • brwnfldl

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    I want one! 7.62x38r seems hard to find though.

quadruple click vids!
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvF4yurWSc0"]YouTube - Silenced 1895 Nagant revolver (NFA)[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ud_Os0WWpFg"]YouTube - Silenced 1895 Nagant revolver[/ame]

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Revolver = $89
    Ammo = .50/per
    Tax = $200
    Threading = ?
    9mm Can = ?

Anyone want to fill in the ?'s for me? I am very curious!

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    The guy who owns those videos posts on TFL. He seems quite smitten with that setup. That said, he bought a standalone M79 just for grins. He's my kinda dude :D

With a bit of good machining and some moonclips, that gun could be modified to shoot 9mm. Just food for thought, but that would be kinda cool.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    I thought that revo's and cans didn't work so well because of the b/c gap?

Exactly! The nagant closes the gap as the cylinder turns. It was a useless technology when it was made, but that quirk makes it perfect for a can.

I would love to do one of these!

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Ok, here is the Knight's Armament Revolver. Pretty sweet looking if you ask me. I believe this was made for some special weapons programs for one of the armed services. I don't really know the details.
    1187672633539vc6.jpg

Slow Hand

Master
    Rating - 99.3%
    146   1   0
    Aug 27, 2008
    West Side
    wow, that KAC 'revolver' is crazy! I'd think a suppressed levergun or a Ruger bolt action would be better suited if you want a suppressed .44 magnum!

Raoc

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 6, 2009
    If thats a standard Nagant revlover, it fires 7.62x25, which is actually easy to find and very very cheap.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    wow, that KAC 'revolver' is crazy! I'd think a suppressed levergun or a Ruger bolt action would be better suited if you want a suppressed .44 magnum!
    The idea was to have a quiet repeating rifle. So you're basically limited to revolver or semi-auto. Revolver is obviously much more quite than semi-auto.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    nagant pistol ammo is nothing even close to cheap or easy to find.....

IME, it *is* pretty easy to find (the shop where I work has scads of the HotShot commercial stuff on hand at any given time, and many online retailers carry it as well). That said, it isn't cheap, and it is most certainly not "standard 7.62x25" as the previous poster claimed... :n00b:

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Here's another suppressed revolver - this one built on an S&W 625 for the German SEK back in the early 1990s.

psdr-3.jpg

The Knight's gun was based on the Ruger GP-100, and was available in a couple different configurations:
    revrifleetrevpistolknighthy9.jpg

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    IME, it *is* pretty easy to find (the shop where I work has scads of the HotShot commercial stuff on hand at any given time, and many online retailers carry it as well). That said, it isn't cheap, and it is most certainly not "standard 7.62x25" as the previous poster claimed... :n00b:

Hot Shot Ammunition 7.62mm Russian Nagant 98 Grain Jacketed Flat Point Box of 50 - $23.49 (In Stock)

.50/round is not great, but for a $80 gun...

And you guys are missing the whole point here. Who cares if someone threw a wad of money into producing the perfect suppressed revolver that failed in the market place.

No, no, no.

The junk $80 revolver, used because of a quark in it's design, that is of severe tactical questionability, and that is over 100 years old?

It's poetry! It's like a Russian Engineer's Haiku, or a Sonnet done by a Stalingrad political officer, or some kind of strange mix up commercial with the tag line "You've got your Nagant in my Suppressor - No, you've got your Suppressor on my Nagant!"

Come on, it is the 2002 Winner of the Bubba Applied Engineering award!

It's beautiful.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    And you guys are missing the whole point here. Who cares if someone threw a wad of money into producing the perfect suppressed revolver that failed in the market place.

No, no, no.
    I may be mistaken because I'm not a part of either of the companies that designed them, but I don't think any (at least the KAC) of the designs were really intended to succeed in the marketplace. They were designed for a very specific purpose of which the commercial market really has no use. There are much better designs out there for a quiet suppressed rifle (such as the aforementioned lever gun or bolt action suppressed rifles) but these had a very specific purpose and very specific design criteria. The most important criteria being a repeating design, and extremely quiet operation. Many commercial offerings didn't fit that, so the "wad of money" was necessary to meet the criteria.

Many are satisfied with a manual cycling semi-quiet operation, and for the cost you can't beat such a design, that is why those designs succeed in the marketplace.

But I do get what you're saying about the Nagant. Its cheap, reliable, and a great weapon to work with. Obviously somebody isn't going to go buy a Knights one (even if it could be purchased). Its just all about the "wow" factor, its a work of art.

notasccrmom

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 10, 2008
    south 'til you smell
    The Knight's gun was based on the Ruger GP-100, and was available in a couple different configurations:
    KAC played with a couple of different versions. One was based on a .44mag Ruger Super Redhawk, and the other was based on a .357mag GP100.

Just to clarify, the KAC revolver was never "available" at all. It was a special project for a specific purpose. My understanding is that not too many people knew about it at the time that it was being developed. It was the type of project that would have left the factory in a black helicopter in the middle of the night... now it's pretty public.

I may be mistaken because I'm not a part of either of the companies that designed them, but I don't think any (at least the KAC) of the designs were really intended to succeed in the marketplace. They were designed for a very specific purpose of which the commercial market really has no use.
    Exactly!

Top Bottom