• ...and so much more!
  • Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I went into Walmart last night in Lafayette to pick up just a few small items.
    I know the country has been experiencing "supply chain issues" due directly to the liberal response to the COVID-19 virus.
    No, the virus didn't cause the issues, the inane response to it did.
    Anyway, to my surprise, or maybe chagrin, I noticed the local Walmart store was all but completely out of milk!
    Seriously, there was not more than maybe 15 gallons in the case.
    No 2% at all (which is fine with me, that stuff sucks), no skim, and only a handful of whole milk cartons.
    I turned to face the other side of the isle only to notice a completely empty egg case. There was not a single carton of eggs on the shelf.
    I'm not as much concerned for me.
    I have at least 3 months of long term storage food set back
    I have some MRE's, some dehydrated meals, and a boatload of canned goods, water, and propane fuel for cooking.
    What worries me is all of the sheeple that are going to be looking for something to eat.

Reactions: Leo

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I wouldn't expect much on the shelves late on a Saturday myself. Glad I can shop early thru the week
    You're right, I shouldn't "expect it", and yet I have been programmed to do just that.
    I'm not a young fart.
    I can remember when most cities still "rolled up the sidewalks" after about 9:00pm.
    For those who don't get the reference, there was a time when businesses were NOT open 24/7.
    When I was in high school you had better buy your gas for the day before 9:00pm or you were out of luck.
    Very few businesses were open late, only bars and a few restaurants.
    No grocery stores, Walmart didn't exists. There was no Door-dash and no-one to deliver to your house.
    At this time even the factories only worked 2 shifts.
    As time passed and I aged things changed.
    Three years ago you could venture out at 3:00 am for ice cream, or a jigsaw puzzle, or dog shampoo, and you could stop for gas and a latte on the way.
    Then along came the idiots in charge.
    Now businesses are closed at night again.
    Prices are out of reach for many already, and the problems continue to worsen.
    Our economy is collapsing, our judicial system is all but in shambles, our commander in chief is trying his damnedest to get us into a hot war...

Is it all just my imagination?

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I'm not sure I see this ever changing. Companies discovered that they could cut back production, raise prices, and make billions. What incentive do they have to increase production and lower prices?
    I agree, and this is what Barack Hussein Obama meant when he talked about the "fundamental change of the United States of America".

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I'm thinking the snow might have had something to do with it.

As for the rest of it, who is John Galt?
    We've had snow, and blizzards, for as long as I can remember.
    I cannot recall ever seeing empty grocery store shelves in the United States of America after the beginning of the 20th century.
    Maybe this was the case during WWII, but I was not here to witness.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    Walmart has a milk bottling plant in Fort Wayne. Did this shake up the milk industry, or is it a labor problem? If it's run like the stores, maybe.

Eggs, bird flu outbreaks. Every bird has to be destroyed. This one is a supply issue.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    We've had snow, and blizzards, for as long as I can remember.
    I cannot recall ever seeing empty grocery store shelves in the United States of America after the beginning of the 20th century.
    Maybe this was the case during WWII, but I was not here to witness.
    Really? Happens all the time, so much so it is a running joke on INGO…

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    Derf makes a solid point. While I grew up used to seeing empty shelves in my small town IGA on snow days, it was for a day or two. And not just because it was Tuesday, like we're seeing now. Hence John Galt.

cburnworth

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2010
    Think about all the milk that was put down the drain because they couldn't sell it. The bird flu( just another way for the gov to control everything by killing birds for no reason) Canada is dumping any milk over the daily allotted production amount. I have chickens( I get eggs & meat form them) and I also raise rabbits for meat( 3 does and i have gotten about 36 bunnies so far). Butter is now $4-5 a lb.

Lpherr

Occupied
    I've read that our local WM's are always out of milk. Every other store... not so much. I walk into Martin's and the refer is stocked full, with carts in behind. Costco always has milk and eggs.
    I think it's a WM issue.:dunno:

Top Bottom