• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lpherr

Occupied
    Not that I have seen, the dairy/egg case/room is usually near empty compared to the past, and they never have heavy whipping cream which I have bought from them about as long as they have been in Indy.
    Hmmm. Ours has never been out any time I've been in.
    We don't use their milk (don't like the jug), but they've always had it, and the eggs are two rows deep.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Hmmm. Ours has never been out any time I've been in.
    We don't use their milk (don't like the jug), but they've always had it, and the eggs are two rows deep.
    Agreed, and though I generally try to avoid Walmart (no big philosophical reason other than my own sanity, and will occasionally wander in for something very specific), I wouldn't use them as my overall barometer of a societal supply chain or otherwise breakdown. (And yes, I realize they are the largest retailer but what they also have other factors including self induced ones that impact what they have on shelves).
    If I did so, based on what goes on at a local Walmart any given day, I'd probably be in pretty bad shape.

Last edited:

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    You're right, I shouldn't "expect it", and yet I have been programmed to do just that.
    I'm not a young fart.
    I can remember when most cities still "rolled up the sidewalks" after about 9:00pm.
    For those who don't get the reference, there was a time when businesses were NOT open 24/7.
    When I was in high school you had better buy your gas for the day before 9:00pm or you were out of luck.
    Very few businesses were open late, only bars and a few restaurants.
    No grocery stores, Walmart didn't exists. There was no Door-dash and no-one to deliver to your house.
    In the town nearest me(and nearest 5 or so towns) everything is shut by 9pm(but one or two bars). The ace hardware closes at 7pm and is closed on Sunday. No gas station withing 18 miles is open past 9pm. If I want gas past that time I have to hop on I-74 and drive to the last truck stop before you hit Illionis.

We do have a subway,local pizza places,Mexican restraunt, and last year the big news in town was the mcdonalds opening(still will never set foot in one,but it is there). We do however have the best rated steak house in Indiana(you did not think I could live without one did you?). Closed on Monday's of course. https://beefhouserolls.com/

The nearest walmart,target,or big box store is Danville. It is a wonderful place to live.

I have a strong feeling our supply chain troubles have not even really started yet. When we go to war with China...well.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    In the town nearest me(and nearest 5 or so towns) everything is shut by 9pm(but one or two bars). The ace hardware closes at 7pm and is closed on Sunday. No gas station withing 18 miles is open past 9pm. If I want gas past that time I have to hop on I-74 and drive to the last truck stop before you hit Illionis.

We do have a subway,local pizza places,Mexican restraunt, and last year the big news in town was the mcdonalds opening(still will never set foot in one,but it is there). We do however have the best rated steak house in Indiana(you did not think I could live without one did you?). Closed on Monday's of course. https://beefhouserolls.com/

The nearest walmart,target,or big box store is Danville. It is a wonderful place to live.

I have a strong feeling our supply chain troubles have not even really started yet. When we go to war with China...well.
    I have been to the Beef House.
    Of course it was some 40+ years ago...
    I saw Maynard Ferguson and his band.
    Incredibly talented trumpet/coronet player.
    It was a very nice experience.
    I should probably look at going again.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    I went into Walmart last night in Lafayette to pick up just a few small items.
    I know the country has been experiencing "supply chain issues" due directly to the liberal response to the COVID-19 virus.
    No, the virus didn't cause the issues, the inane response to it did.
    Anyway, to my surprise, or maybe chagrin, I noticed the local Walmart store was all but completely out of milk!
    Seriously, there was not more than maybe 15 gallons in the case.
    No 2% at all (which is fine with me, that stuff sucks), no skim, and only a handful of whole milk cartons.
    I turned to face the other side of the isle only to notice a completely empty egg case. There was not a single carton of eggs on the shelf.
    I'm not as much concerned for me.
    I have at least 3 months of long term storage food set back
    I have some MRE's, some dehydrated meals, and a boatload of canned goods, water, and propane fuel for cooking.
    What worries me is all of the sheeple that are going to be looking for something to eat.
    Oh yeah, there was snow in the forecast. I was craving French toast today.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    The Teamsters union at Indianapolis Sysco went on strike today. They deliver food to schools, hospitals, restaurants, and bars.

Top Bottom