Superbowl Broadcast - everything but the game...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gassprint1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 15, 2015
    NWI
    I like a few of Rihana's songs. Wonder whether her performance will be up to the hype. We'll see, but I'd bet maybe not?

...Rihanna was one of the many musical artists who boycotted the 2019 Super Bowl in solidarity with Colin Kaepernick, the former 49ers quarterback who was blackballed for kneeling in protest of police brutality and social injustice during the national anthem at a game in 2016. At the time, the Barbadian singer told Vogue that she turned down the opportunity to do the halftime show because she “just couldn’t be a sellout,” adding that there are “things within that organization that I do not agree with at all, and I was not about to go and be of service to them in any way.”

Now Rihanna has changed her tune, even though not much has changed with the NFL over the past seven years: Kaepernick, who settled a collusion case against the league in 2019, is still a free agent, the organization had to be pressured to end “race-norming” in their dementia testing, and coach Brian Flores, joined by two other coaches, filed a suit alleging discriminatory hiring practices just last year.

The singer’s 180-degree switch leads to a lot of speculation: Will Rihanna try to critique the NFL (and the general state of race relations in America) by pulling a similar stunt to Beyoncé’s in 2016 and dressing her background dancers as maybe not Black Panther Party members, but Marcus Garvey–ites? Will she bring Kaepernick out at any point, or kneel, or do something? Or was 2019 Rihanna simply playing into the moment without caring about the Movement—and lying to Vogue at that?...

View attachment 254522
    Most of them are over half naked, look like **** and sing stupid stuff and then have to add in the halfassed rap **** that sounds like someone tslking with a mouth full of crap. Thats slways my take on half time shows.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Just saw this and meh!
    Don't want an EV and these companies keep pushing them. Forget that!

The other commercial so far have been meh as well. There seems to be no unique/wow stuff.

Yep, you are right. Nothing memorable, not even a Budweiser dog or horse to remember.

Rihanna is up next. We will see if she shows up to impress...

...or to tell us how to think?

Top Bottom