• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tomcat13

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010
    Near Louisville
    Need some recommendations on a Powder Funnel for loading 22 Hornet.
    Openings on all the Funnels I currently use, are Too Large (the Case mouth pokes up thru the Funnel).
    Below is my Funnel inventory.
    L-R: MTM, RCBS, Lyman & MTM
    Anybody out there found a funnel with a "Small Opening"?
    As a Foot Note: The Lyman Funnel is the only one with which I can load .223 Rem-other 3 are also too Large for that Cal.
    As always, Thx for any/all ideas.

1646922160017.jpeg

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 9, 2022
    Bloomington
    If you know someone who owns a 3d printer might be worthwhile to ask if they could make one for you. Funnels are super easy to make and don't take much plastic. I own a 3d printer myself, and have found it super useful for making little things like this where it's hard to find one that works just right.

rosejm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 28, 2013
    NWI
    Perhaps a flask funnel?
    Be cautious on the design, some have sloped sides (cone-like) others have curved sides (sphere-like).

You might be able to curl & melt a wax paper funnel as a temporary solution.

Chalky

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 30, 2019
    Central IN
    I use a lee funnel for both 22 hornet and 223. It's a little tougher on hornet. Do you use a loading tray or block? There are funnels that are 17-50 vs 22-50 that may help? MTM has a set with different adapters as well but I have never used either of these. Midsouth has several options...

Hawkeye7br

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 9, 2015
    Terre Haute
    Get a plastic drinking straw. Cut it to about 4 inches. Use an exacto knife or razor blade and put a 2 inch slit in one end. Curl the slit end inside itself until it fits in the case mouth. Put the funnel atop the open end and drop the powder.

When you have the straw in the case mouth, put a single wrap of Scotch tape around it to maintain the narrow end when not in the case mouth.

Top Bottom