• ...and so much more!
  • Wa22ioR

Unapologetically American
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Aug 1, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    John,

for a fullsize weapon that is fun and reliable, I would definitely look at something .45ACP or 9mm. The .45ACP is an inherently accurate cartridge. It shoots at low presseures and the recoil is very manageable. The 9mm is also very manageable and is less expensive to shoot. You can practice a lot more with the 9mm for less cash. I like the bullet offering better in the .45 ACP better though. I am a big fan of 230grain bullets. With the cartridge being said. I would take a look at a Glock 21SF or Glock 21 Gen4 in .45 ACP or the Glock 17 Gen 4 in 9mm. Hope this helps.

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Hamilton County
    I agree with everyone on the glock 17 also another good full size option in $600 range is taurus pt1911. 45acp....its a great 1911 for the price!

bluto67

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2010
    It may not be new, but consider a Sig P6 West German Police trade in. It's a 9mm with a single stack mag and very accurate. Mine has numbers matching barrel, slide and receiver and was built in 1983. The finish is a little worn off from years of service but it is lite, handles well, is easy to shoot and did i say very accurate.?. Plus it cost less than $400. Still see them at gun shows too. :twocents:

J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    I'm interested in buying a new handgun, I want something accurate, full size, and fun to shoot. A lot of guys I shoot with have invited me to "friendly" competition shoots where a handful of guys meet up and shoot for fun and usually wager a small amount of money where the winner donates the money to our local range. Most of my handguns are compact and have stiff triggers although I'm somewhat accurate with them I cant compete much past 10 yards.

I'm looking for a semi auto, full size, 9mm, .40, or .45. I would like it to be $600 or less.

Any suggestions????

I haven't read all the posts, but I have to guess the RIA 1911 has been suggested multiple times. It is an outstanding 1911 for the money.

And really, when you can have a 1911 why would you want anything else?

J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    If I had read the posts I would have realized I already posted on this thread several days ago.

Sorry!

At least my advice was consistent though.

bw210

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Sep 24, 2009
    Kouts, IN
    Spartan 9mm. Just a bit over $600. Scary accurate, cheap to shoot, Super tight and almost shoots itself.

dsc05572vm.jpg

Top Bottom