• BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Looks confirmed to me.

Some of those questions, I want to ask the reporter if they're that stupid, or they assume their readers/watchers are that stupid.

I've always wanted to ask "Why do you have all these folks standing behind you to say nothing?"

Virtually every press conference these days ,regardless of topic, involves a bunch of stand ins in the background.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    "At some point, safety is just pure waste."
    -Rush

I guess they hadn't reached that point yet.
    I’m still having trouble with the thought that someone as careless as this guy apparently was, made it as long as he did.

“I wanna dive to 12,500 feet, but this hatch is only rated for 4,500 feet, hmmm, ya know what, **** it, it’s probably fine”.

:n00b:

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Oh. And this points out that when they say... we hear noises...
    IGNORE IT.

Just about EVERY sub sunk has had noises reported by search crews.
    Reports from the search for the Thresher reported the same thing.

There is NO WAY these people made noises.
    Somebody on another board made a comment about all the false signals and noises and crap from the MH370 hunt.

Sadly my guess about the titanium end caps being the most identifiable remains was right, plus that big tail fairing. Not sure on the actual size of the sub debris field but it sounding spread out is consistent with failing at 9000ish feet.

Nothing fails slow at that depth. It went instantaneous. My morbid engineer brain is interested in seeing images of the pressure hull remains, I wonder if there are clues there. Like an intact viewport? I know it was a big focus item, but my suspicion is still a material failure in the carbon fiber or the interfacing.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Somebody on another board made a comment about all the false signals and noises and crap from the MH370 hunt.

Sadly my guess about the titanium end caps being the most identifiable remains was right, plus that big tail fairing. Not sure on the actual size of the sub debris field but it sounding spread out is consistent with failing at 9000ish feet.

Nothing fails slow at that depth. It went instantaneous. My morbid engineer brain is interested in seeing images of the pressure hull remains, I wonder if there are clues there. Like an intact viewport? I know it was a big focus item, but my suspicion is still a material failure in the carbon fiber or the interfacing.

interfacing is always a weak point

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    CBS and BBC reporting that the Navy had the implosion event in SOSUS or whatever the current equivalent.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    I guess if you're time is implosion would be the best way to go down there.
    Yeah. I hoped they'd be found on the surface, but at least they didn't suffocate or die in an o2 fire or something. No time to know anything was wrong.

Reactions: KG1
    Top Bottom