• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rbadger

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    Auburn, IN
    I have never done any coyote hunting but we are getting to have quite a few of them in the Waterloo/Butler area. Anyone on here from that area that is doing any hunting of these and would like some company? I almost hit one with the car last night on my way home from work on 427 just north of the high school. He was belly to the ground across the road so fast that at first I thought it was a fox until he got into the field and slowed down. I am guessing they are fun to hunt. If you are hunting them what are you using? I know typically they are considered a nuisance animal and have no season/no limit, just wondering what the laws are on what guns you can legally use to hunt them.

shadow6492

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Garrett/Auburn IN
    I'm from the area, but normally hunt them around Corunna area where I deer hunt. Most guys hunt em with rifles in .22-30 cal and some even use shotguns with buckshot. Starting to see them more often closer to town than normal, but its hard this time of the year for a food source and local pets seem to be the easy target for them.

Mysticwolf

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 11, 2012
    I have been hunting them for 2 years now, haven't seen many, but missed one 3 weeks ago, if you got the places to hunt, I got the time, shoot me a PM, I live in Auburn. I have a Elec. call and decoy. I shoot a .223 55 GR Vmax Hornaday out of my AR to hunt with, but you can use just about anything.

Legba

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 31, 2008
    NE Indiana
    I have never done any coyote hunting but we are getting to have quite a few of them in the Waterloo/Butler area. Anyone on here from that area that is doing any hunting of these and would like some company? I almost hit one with the car last night on my way home from work on 427 just north of the high school. He was belly to the ground across the road so fast that at first I thought it was a fox until he got into the field and slowed down. I am guessing they are fun to hunt. If you are hunting them what are you using? I know typically they are considered a nuisance animal and have no season/no limit, just wondering what the laws are on what guns you can legally use to hunt them.
    No limit but they have a season. Oct-Mar. You can use any firearm. 22-250 works good for them also. Most I know use .223

hopcam

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    Brownsburg
    There is a season Oct 15- Mar 15, however......

Landowners, or a person with written permission from a landowner, may take coyotes year-round on private property by snaring, trapping or shooting without a permit from the DNR. A landowner does not need a permit to take coyotes on his/her property by one of these methods, but a hunting or trapping license is required to hunt or trap coyotes on land other than your own.

Rbadger

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    Auburn, IN
    Thanks for the great input guys. I am looking at getting a good bolt gun in the next couple of weeks and will probably buy with this in mind. Mysticwolf I live in town too which is why I asked if anyone wanted the company lol.

Top Bottom