• ...and so much more!
  • Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    The Peets keep it about 3-5° warmer than a Goldenrod. In a non heated building...damn. You're fighting a loosing battle!
    Well, the Peet uses 15 watts of electricity, the 32" marine Goldenrod we use, also uses 15 watts of electricity. And with that, its impossible that a Peet in the same cubic foot space will produce more heat over a Goldenrod.

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    Well, that's not really what I found after a few months of testing. I would go with most that buy goldenrods buy a unit that's smaller than they need. With Peet, you don't have any choice on what size to buy.
    When we were in a large vault last night, the shop was at 41 degrees, inside of of that vault was 49 degrees. That vault has a 36" Marine Goldenrod and a Peet in it. I really don't have a loosing battle.
    I had a 12" Goldenrod, in a 24 or 30 gun safe (can't recall its exact "rating"), but it's in a 70° room.

Last edited:

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    Well you felt the Peet was better because it uses 15 watts of electricity to produce heat and the much smaller 12" Goldenrod uses 12 watts of electricity. Which produces more heat, a 12 or 15 watt light bulb?
    I didn't take the time to research it. We have a Peet boot dryer so the Peet Safe dryer made sense. I'll never buy another Goldenrod, the Peet works better.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    I didn't take the time to research it. We have a Peet boot dryer so the Peet Safe dryer made sense. I'll never buy another Goldenrod, the Peet works better.
    Im trying to explain to you, which house has more room a 1250 sq ft or a 1500 sq ft home?
    Your test was between apples and oranges my friend.

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    Im trying to explain to you, which house has more room a 1250 sq ft or a 1500 sq ft home?
    Your test was between apples and oranges my friend.
    I understand you.

You're not understanding me. I ditched my 12" Goldenrod for a Peet. There was no reason to dig deeper. No **** the Peet works better because it has more wattage.

Why put in a much longer Goldenrod when the Peet works just fine? It's much smaller than a long Goldenrod, and you can feel the heat output better due to its style...

Arguing with the guy who can't figure out a trigger safety isn't a traditional safety is like banging your head into a wall...

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    I understand you.

You're not understanding me. I ditched my 12" Goldenrod for a Peet. There was no reason to dig deeper. No **** the Peet works better because it has more wattage.

Why put in a much longer Goldenrod when the Peet works just fine? It's much smaller than a long Goldenrod, and you can feel the heat output better due to its style...

Arguing with the guy who can't figure out a trigger safety isn't a traditional safety is like banging your head into a wall...
    And there you go, the difference is. if you would have sized the first one correctly, you wouldn't have had to buy a second one.
    And then bash a company for your poor engineering.
    And a Goldenrod normally is screwed into the floor of the vault where the door closes over top of it. Unlike a Peet, that uses up floor space in a back corner of the vault.
    Good day sir.

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    And there you go, the difference is. if you would have sized the first one correctly, you wouldn't have had to buy a second one.
    And then bash a company for your poor engineering.
    And a Goldenrod normally is screwed into the floor of the vault where the door closes over top of it. Unlike a Peet, that uses up floor space in a back corner of the vault.
    Good day sir.

Who's bashing a company? I just find the design of the Peet better, and it puts out more heat!

No wrong sizing here, bud. I bought a bigger safe and moved my existing hidden goldenrod over. It wasn't putting out enough heat at the new place, so I bought a Peet vs a longer Goldenrod that would get in the way.

Regardless, you're talking vault, I (and this thread) is talking safe. Using the goldenrod supplied holders, you're not mounting a goldenrod to the floor of a safe and closing the door over it... it just won't fit.

Zero issues mounting it inside and to the front left, same with a Peet...

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Who's bashing a company? I just find the design of the Peet better, and it puts out more heat!

No wrong sizing here, bud. I bought a bigger safe and moved my existing hidden goldenrod over. It wasn't putting out enough heat at the new place, so I bought a Peet vs a longer Goldenrod that would get in the way.

Regardless, you're talking vault, I (and this thread) is talking safe. Using the goldenrod supplied holders, you're not mounting a goldenrod to the floor of a safe and closing the door over it... it just won't fit.

Zero issues mounting it inside and to the front left, same with a Peet...
    The only differences between a gun vault 20240115_151951.jpg and a gun safe is the cost. I have a inexpensive Winchester Brand Safe, the Goldenrod is mounded the same in that safe.
    You are yet wrong again with where you can mount a Goldenrod.
    Here's a few pics of the vault/safe that's where I'm at today.
    20240115_152312.jpg

20240115_152239.jpg

Last edited:

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    The only differences between a gun vault View attachment 326015 and a gun safe is the cost. I have a inexpensive Winchester Brand Safe, the Goldenrod is mounded the same in that safe.
    You are yet wrong again with where you can mount a Goldenrod.
    Here's a few pics of the vault/safe that's where I'm at today.
    View attachment 326017

View attachment 326018

Damn Creedmoor, you're taking this too deep. You invested in goldenrods?goldenrod?

Odd, because you also said you bought Peets.

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    Rig storage grease inside and out on the beretta barrel and the m4 barrel was oiled and wiped with a silicon rag in a safe with a goldenrod
    Oil still on it when you removed it?

With grease/oil on it, it shouldn't be able to rust.

I wipe everything down with a light coat of rem oil and have had no issues, but they are just in the safe, not covered or in a case. Humidity is less in the safe than in the house.

Bluedragon

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    Well, read what it is. Calcium Chloride is a corrosive. Myself, I don't want a bowl of corrosive in the metal box with inexpensive firearms much less expensive one.
    Its so easy just to put an electric one in your safe.

Well in that case i took it out of my safe. I assume there is no permanent damage as everything I looked over seems to be fine and is all stored in socks and bore stores pouches.

Bluedragon

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    Oil still on it when you removed it?

With grease/oil on it, it shouldn't be able to rust.

I wipe everything down with a light coat of rem oil and have had no issues, but they are just in the safe, not covered or in a case. Humidity is less in the safe than in the house.
    The room the safe is in gets really humid during the summer of june and july. I suspect the Beretta barrel rusted from humidity exposure outside the safe while handling it before i stowed it. the fact it rusted while it was bagged in grease surprised me.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Damn Creedmoor, you're taking this too deep. You invested in goldenrods?goldenrod?

Odd, because you also said you bought Peets.
    Nope, I own both.
    But you just cant blindly make the statement that The Peet puts out more heat than a Goldenrod. , its just not true. I posted what a 1500 watt Goldenrod puts out, and its the same as the one size fits all Peet. A peet is the same size as the largest Goldenrod.
    And then they keep adding more supposed facts to support their lack of knowledge.
    Then they go and Google to do that "Gotcha" when that doesn't work, the petulant child starts with the derogatory comments.

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    Nope, I own both.
    But you just cant blindly make the statement that The Peet puts out more heat than a Goldenrod. , its just not true. I posted what a 1500 watt Goldenrod puts out, and its the same as the one size fits all Peet. A peet is the same size as the largest Goldenrod.
    And then they keep adding more supposed facts to support their lack of knowledge.
    Then they go and Google to do that "Gotcha" when that doesn't work, the petulant child starts with the derogatory comments.

No derogatory comments here bud. I had the same safe, first with a Goldenrod, then with a Peet.

The Peet did better and I have the thermometer to prove it. Doesn't get any better than first hand knowledge.

And lookie there, no WATTAGE is even stated on the Amazon page, for the Peet or the goldenrod I had (which turns out was the 18" model).

Seems even simpler to me than the trigger safety discussion...

Try again, Creedmoor. I'm not wasting anymore time on this discussion.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    The room the safe is in gets really humid during the summer of june and july. I suspect the Beretta barrel rusted from humidity exposure outside the safe while handling it before i stowed it. the fact it rusted while it was bagged in grease surprised me.
    It happens, Ive packed guns away for years and I do a good cleaning and two coat spray down with cosmoline with a carrier that evaporates out in a minute or two. Sometimes inside of a muzzle break or down in a corner in a set of front or rear sights I will find rust.
    Sometimes **** just happens.

Top Bottom