• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • .40caltrucker

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    I would love to see a video of this, still trying to figure out how he pulled a shotgun and handgun. They must not have known he was in the store. Not to shabby killing 3 robbers and only getting shot in the shoulder.

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    Score one for the good guys.

Unfortunately, he will probably be sued civilly. But, he did save the taxpayers a lot of money in court proceedings and incarceration...

.452browning

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Score one for the good guys.

Unfortunately, he will probably be sued civilly. But, he did save the taxpayers a lot of money in court proceedings and incarceration...

^^^agreed, i would not be suprised with todays society if he gets sued and then they take away the store he was wounded trying to protect. i think its a miracle he only made it out with only one gunshot wound and he killed all 3 robbers. the robbers were not paying much attention to him i guess. and he has the most powerful weapon possible on his side (Jesus)

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Very cool. Sucks he got shot and it's one of the reasons why I advocate people carry a fullsize combat grade handgun whenever it is legal to do so.

You never know when you'll be facing multiple armed assailants and need to put them down as quickly as possible.

.452browning

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    with todays society i wouldnt be suprised if somone tries to sue him for some reason......a person shopping in the store at the time could try and sue him for emotional distress because they witnessed a violent action. not saying they would win or it would even have a chance but i wouldnt be suprised if someone contacted a laywer to explore their options for lawsuit. im not familiar with texas law at all so my opinion should be taken with grain of salt

Last edited:

spartan933

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2008
    Porter County
    Why would you think that? Texas has the castle doctrine, which gives the defender civil immunity.

The good guy's name was Castillo, which means Castle in Spanish. Makes him the epitome of the Castle Doctrine in my mind.

My lady and I were actually discussing this the other night. Basically, that in Mexico, you don't have the right to defend your home. If you can actually purchase a legal firearm down there, which is difficult, even if you kill an intruder, you are the one who gets arrested. Which is BS! My lady having grown up in Mexico, when she hears stories like this, like me, it makes her proud to be an American.

It still amazes me the stupidity of some governments that don't feel it's okay for people to defend their lives and their property. I am just happy that I live in a country where we have freedom and control over our own lives.

45pro

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    Plymouth
    Good for him. read this part.

The newspaper said Castillo was in critical but stable condition at hospital after suffering gunshot wounds to his left shoulder, left abdomen and legs.
    According to the Chronicle, Castillo apparently initially didn't realize he'd been shot until after he untied his wife.

He kept going not realizing he'd been shot 4+ times, and that was just because of the adrenaline rush. Imagine what it would be like for a cracked out/meth addict that you were trying to put down. Its a good reminder for all us out there with low capacity firearms to carry spare magazines. You never know how many shots its going to take to put ur assailant down!

+1 for the owner
    -3 for the bad guys

Stainer

Master
    Rating - 97.1%
    33   1   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    God's Country
    Karma!

Question though, does the castle doctrine apply to a business? I was under the understanding( or misunderstanding) that in Indiana the castle doctrine only applied to a residence. He is obviously justified in what he did, just wondering if this is the right defense mode.

.40caltrucker

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Karma!

Question though, does the castle doctrine apply to a business? I was under the understanding( or misunderstanding) that in Indiana the castle doctrine only applied to a residence. He is obviously justified in what he did, just wondering if this is the right defense mode.

Yes in Texas it covers Home, business, auto, and anywhere else you are legally at.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom