• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kaardomos

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2010
    Milltown, Indiana
    I was getting near the end of the beach while hiking trail 10 when a CO rode up on an ATV. He said someone called an MWAG in further down the beach and asked to see my LTCH. He saw where I was from, mentioned how it had been dry down there, and ask me if I knew any of the local COs as he has friends down there. It didn't take 5 minutes before I was free to go. Before I left he told me that "It's up to you whether you cover it up or not" as well as mentioning that alot of people don't know that guns are legal there. It seems he forgot to disarm me though. Should I have pulled my gun from its holster, dropped the mag, and stripped all of the bullets out while screaming "I demand to be disarmed for your safety?"

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Should I have pulled my gun from its holster, dropped the mag, and stripped all of the bullets out while screaming "I demand to be disarmed for your safety?"

No. You should have pulled your gun from its holster, yelled "THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!", took off your pants and ran up the beach.

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    I think so. That seems to be SOP for MWAG calls. Glad it went well. I have yet to have a negative encounter with LEO. I've talked to Roseland, SB, Mishawaka, St. Joe, and ISP while OCing. None said anything to me. Most of them know the law... now.

+1 to the CO. +1 to the OCer. Glad to see we have another member on our team.

Somemedic

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Seems if "lotta people don't know guns are legal" that the CO could quickly explain to the caller it IS ok to carry, OPENLY, and not everyone who has a weapon is a bad guy. +1 to CO for not lecturing you and +2 to OP for not pulling your pants don't and ranting like a lunatic along the beach... and open carrying.

Last edited:

minuteman32

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2008
    Central IN
    I think CO's are a little more used to dealing with armed folks & not freaking out. Every hunter they talk to has a gun, and are usually in a rather remote place with backup unavailable or maybe hours away.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Did you feel the pistol trying to jump out of the holster and begin to spray hot lead at people? I hear they do that all the time.

Top Bottom