• ...and so much more!
  • melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Yikes!!!

Just when you think that the child who was beaten to death in Chicago could not be surpassed, this insanity occurs.

Teen doused with flammable liquid, set alight
    Florida police hold three juveniles in attack that burns 3/4 of boy's body

Teen doused with flammable liquid, set alight - Crime & courts- msnbc.com

DEERFIELD BEACH, Fla. - A 15-year-old was badly burned after other teens doused him with a flammable liquid and set him on fire, officials say, and authorities are investigating whether he was attacked because he stopped someone from stealing his father's bicycle a day earlier.

Michael Brewer was hospitalized with burns over three-quarters of his body after the attack at a Deerfield Beach apartment complex Monday afternoon. Three juveniles were in custody but their names and ages were not released.

Brewer's brother-in-law, Danny Martinez, told the Sun-Sentinel that Brewer is in serious condition but doing OK.

Brewer was burned on his torso and arms, sheriff's spokesman Jim Leljedal said. Family members said most of Brewer's hair, including his eyelashes, had also been burned off.

He refused to attend classes at Deerfield Beach Middle School on Monday because of an incident Sunday when he stopped someone from stealing his father's bicycle, Martinez said.

A juvenile was arrested Sunday, but authorities don't know whether that arrest was connected to the attack, Leljedal said.

Instead of going to school, Brewer went to the apartment complex to visit a friend. He told deputies that while he was sitting by the swimming pool, he was splashed with a flammable liquid and set ablaze.

A neighbor heard his screams for help and put out the flames with a fire extinguisher, said Malissa Durkee, Brewer's sister. The teen then ripped off his shirt and jumped into the pool.

Brewer is expected to remain hospitalized for five months, Martinez said.​

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2008
    Granite Falls, NC
    My utter lack of shock or surprise either says something bad about me, or something bad about kids these days. I'm thinking its the latter.

What do you expect, in a world where the parents that actually DO want to discipline their children, are told that its abuse or are afraid to do it because the friggin kids are learning to call CPS and turn them in if they don't like getting spanked.

And a bunch of folks want their "little free spirits" to live a discipline free lifestyle, so they can expand their creativity or some such other hippy nonsense.

Parents should be charged as well in cases like this...its just as much their fault, if not more so.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Wow, that is just unbelievable.

In regards to how badly he was burned, I'm sure it would've been a lot less if he would've jumped in the pool immediately. The article says that he was sitting by the pool. After being set ablaze, a bystander heard his screams, grabbed a fire extinguisher, and extinguished the flames, then the boy took his shirt off and jumped in the pool. I know, I'm armchar quarterbacking, and panic does funny things to your though process, but that pool would've likely saved a lot of damage.

Dryden

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2009
    N.E. Indianapolis
    Just imagine the thought process those punks went thru:

That kid made me mad by stopping my criminal act.
    I'm gonna get that kid.
    I know, I'll get some lighter fluid and set him on fire.
    There he is, I got my fluid and matches ready.
    Whooosh.
    Hey, that was cool. Let's do this more often.

It's just a darn good thing these kids don't bring a Cub Scout camper knife to school.... then they'd be real criminals.:cool:

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    My utter lack of shock or surprise either says something bad about me, or something bad about kids these days. I'm thinking its the latter.

What do you expect, in a world where the parents that actually DO want to discipline their children, are told that its abuse or are afraid to do it because the friggin kids are learning to call CPS and turn them in if they don't like getting spanked.

And a bunch of folks want their "little free spirits" to live a discipline free lifestyle, so they can expand their creativity or some such other hippy nonsense.

Parents should be charged as well in cases like this...its just as much their fault, if not more so.

Just imagine the thought process those punks went thru:

That kid made me mad by stopping my criminal act.
    I'm gonna get that kid.
    I know, I'll get some lighter fluid and set him on fire.
    There he is, I got my fluid and matches ready.
    Whooosh.
    Hey, that was cool. Let's do this more often.

It's just a darn good thing these kids don't bring a Cub Scout camper knife to school.... then they'd be real criminals.:cool:

I'd say that pretty much says it all....

Top Bottom