• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DJDan

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 9, 2008
    North Indy
    If this is not in the correct place please help me out.

Not sure if this is the right place to put this but just a quick heads up in case someone comes across this gun in it's travels. I tried to post this in the "Classified" section but now I guess you have to have 50 posts to start a thread there which has changed since I've last visited.

It's a Kel-Tec PF-9 with Silver slide and black lower. It also had a Hogue style grip on it that was trimmed to fit. It's serial number is R7J48. It was in a fitted Don Hume reddish brown leather holster.
    It was stolen from my vehicle on July 14 2009 early in the morning...lock was slim jimmed and some other random stuff was taken but this is the important thing.

I've reported it to the police and am awaiting an officer as I type this.
    I doubt this will help but you never know...if you come across it call the police. Thanks for looking.

Last edited:
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Salem
    you also might wanna keep an eye on hoosiertopics.com as well under the firearms section for awhile. Some real yahoos post stuff on there all the time. I'll keep an eye out.

rockydog

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Lake Wawasee Northern IN
    Sorry to hear that Dan. I did post last week if anyone knew where one was for 200.00 i'd own two of them but i didn't need one that bad :):

Let us know what the police say. My Dad's a snow bird and lost 20+ guns a couple of winters ago. Really sucks :xmad:

DJDan

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 9, 2008
    North Indy
    Thanks, gents. The Officer that took the report was helpful, and to be quite honest I was careless. If my gun is in the vehicle and I'm not in it I keep it locked in the glove. While I drive I keep it in the console and I came home tired last night and accidentally left it in there. As I started to fall asleep I thought to myself "I left my gun in the console..I should go get it...no, I'm tired and it'll be fine". :rolleyes: I was careless and I'm paying the price. It's embarrasing and now I hope they either find it and return it, or I never hear about it again. It would break my heart to find that it was used in a crime. I'll certainly keep a better eye on myself and the decisions I make.

I'll keep you all updated...keep your eyes peeled!

Thank you very much.

mrbunky

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 25, 2008
    clark co
    you may want to post it on the ktog boards.if i see one over there i will let them know the seriel #.also make sure of making a police report.i pray you will find who did it.

dave29

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jul 8, 2009
    Lawrenceburg
    I had a pistol stolen from my truck a couple years ago, and I got a call from the officer about 6 months ago and I actually got it back!!! It was just a Taurus PT140 pro, but it was like getting a new gun when I got it back.

I figured it was long gone.

jstwrit

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   1
    May 11, 2009
    N.E.
    Sorry about your loss. Thanks for explaining the circumstances. It may help one of us remember to get our butts out of bed 'cause crap happens to good people. Good luck getting it back!

DJDan

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 9, 2008
    North Indy
    Sorry about your loss. Thanks for explaining the circumstances. It may help one of us remember to get our butts out of bed 'cause crap happens to good people. Good luck getting it back!
    That's exactly why I explained how I flubbed up even though I'm quite ashamed...I'd hate to see/hear about it happening to someone else. It'd be amazing to get it back, but I'll be satisfied with no one getting hurt by it. This is so frustrating.

I'll be sure and post it up on ktog as I'm a member over there...in fact I purchased it from a member there.

Thanks again for all the sympathy, help, suggestions, and not bashing the ever living daylights out of me.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    I use this, thieves pry open glove boxes, then they cut the cord or pry the gun safe open too I bet, but at least it might slow them down.

My wife came home from work a few years back and left the garage door open, some ass wipe opened the door of my Blazer and took my leatherman, a small portable TV, and a pocket knife from the console.....we were going on vacation the next day, so in the morning I find my car door open, and the console emptied. However, under the console was a space containing a Glock-19 and $400 cash for the vacation...............WHEW ?!?

I now lock my car even in the garage, look to see the garage door is closed each night, and use a CENTER OF MASS car safe to slow the thieves down.

In Car Gun Safe

Beau

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Colorado
    I like the style of those safes. What do you think about the cable? Would it take more than a set of regular wire cutters to get through it?

Top Bottom