• Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    My husband's phone keeps going off with the alert. I need to opt his out it I can.
    Its under notifications on the iphone. My beef is how long it took them to push the alert. our phones got it at 11:10 PM. Woke my wife up. She's ticked. She wouldnt have seen the car from her bed. (yeah, I know)

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Its under notifications on the iphone. My beef is how long it took them to push the alert. our phones got it at 11:10 PM. Woke my wife up. She's ticked. She wouldnt have seen the car from her bed. (yeah, I know)
    We are about 90 miles away. In the past, it seems like the alerts went off once. This was repeating every few minutes. I'm sure my daughter loved it with getting the kids to bed. My phone was on silent and kept blasting the alert.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    We are about 90 miles away. In the past, it seems like the alerts went off once. This was repeating every few minutes. I'm sure my daughter loved it with getting the kids to bed. My phone was on silent and kept blasting the alert.
    That sounds like a glitch. It should only fire once.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    It takes time to send out alerts. But there were about 30 officers in the area where it was stolen looking for it. I put 72 miles on my car driving everywhere I could to find it. The car and baby were located thanks to a citizen that called 911 after getting the alert. I'm sorry anyone was inconvenienced by a kidnapped 7 month old.

Nazgul

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    Near the big river.
    It takes time to send out alerts. But there were about 30 officers in the area where it was stolen looking for it. I put 72 miles on my car driving everywhere I could to find it. The car and baby were located thanks to a citizen that called 911 after getting the alert. I'm sorry anyone was inconvenienced by a kidnapped 7 month old.
    Alert woke me up as well. Doesn't bother me and it is great to hear the child was found.
    Most of us can only imagine the heartache associated with something like this.

Thanks for the update.

Don

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    That sounds like a glitch. It should only fire once.
    It went off every three minutes until I went and found his phone and viewed it. It was very annoying. I understand the need for the amber alerts, but they really should be sent to an area close to where it is happening.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    It went off every three minutes until I went and found his phone and viewed it. It was very annoying. I understand the need for the amber alerts, but they really should be sent to an area close to where it is happening.
    there does need to be more discretion in reach.

It’s one thing to broadcast far and wide when it’s a non custodial parent expected to run. But this sounded like some hood rat stealing the wrong car. They aren’t leaving the city. And that means they can get the alert out faster with less numbers to send to.

r3126

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 3, 2008
    Indy westside
    Holt and Washington is 2 - 3 minutes from 465. For sake of discussion, let's say it takes 10 minutes to get the alert out. In 30 minutes from abduction, the car could be 50 or more miles away. For those inconvenienced, be blessed that it wasn't your child in the car! Just venting.....

Top Bottom