Stocking up ahead of 2021/2022 shortages...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I really need to straiten up my inventory. I bought an extra 10# bucket of salt for just in case. Went to put it on the extras shelf in the barn, only to find another one already there. :n00b: :n00b:

41MbLQrBQUL.jpg

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I recently started looking into this, what roaster do you use & what beans do you buy?

Merry Christmas

I "built" my roaster out of a stainless popcorn popper. Rigged it to run with a portable drill. Vids all over Youtube on roasting your own.

Yankee Prepper's store Is where I used to buy the green beans. I would recommend him! He has top quality beans from the best folks and a lot of roasting links and knowledge to pass along.

I have switched to buying beans on Amazon subscribe and save. After buying from Yankee prepper for years and years, I found a way to make Amazon's lesser quality (cheaper) beans work.

FYI - The reason there are many boutique coffee roasters out there competing for your business is that there is a bit of a learning curve and precision to consistently produce your own roasted blend. Also the reason why buying a roaster runs in the thousands.

It took me years to develop technique to produce my pound of coffee every week consistently. I burnt a lot of beans and drank a lot of swill to get it right. Still to this day, any given roast can vary from the last.

I buy green beans from Columbia, Sumatra and Guatemala for my blend.

Last edited:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Schwepps tonic water, it's been really hard to find, so much so that scalpers are hawking it on the internet.
    I keep a fair bit of their club soda on hand when I find it. They have the best, tightest fitting recloseable cap system that keeps it from going flat much longer

As a Subaru owner, I keep OEM filters on hand esp oil filters, oil that I like and my next set of high performance rubber is already in the basement for when the current set winds up being used up (most likely this year but don't drive as much as I used to since retirement)

I also keep a larger stock of cleaning supplies I like, both for the house and for car and my guns. I just don't want to deal with substituting an inferior brand because it is all that was available

Last edited:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I have been searching online but am not coming up with anything overly important thats going to be impacted by shipping. 100% open to hearing ideas or things that I should have extras of.
    Luckily, good scotch arrives via east coast ports

Hasn't stopped them from charging a lot more for it, though

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    This is why I’ve been hesitant to get too deep into silver/gold. It may hedge against inflation, so I’ve been picking it up as I can. But in a real emergency situation, it doesn’t have much actual use so I can’t imagine too many people will want it. If someone is starving, why would they want silver? That would be a pretty dire situation, though.
    I have always felt that the willingness to accept silver and gold would be predicated on whether people felt we were looking at just a bad year or two, and accumulating that sort of wealth might pay off quickly; or descending into a new dark ages, in which case canned food, ammunition, antibiotics and disinfectants as well as multivitamins and supplements might be good trade goods if you happen to have a surplus

ChrisK

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Starke County
    We stopped purchasing #10 cans of freeze dried food. Had gotten to expensive for what you get. Spent the money and got a Harvest Right freeze dryer and it has been one of the best investment's we have made. Can do a load of eggs (72), powder them and it goes into Mylar bags. We have even freeze dried Skiddles. Pilot Crackers go into Mylar bags also for long term storage. Getting ready to do ham and turkey soon. Learn to pressure can meat, stored in a cool dry place it lasts for years. Guy’s, think outside of the box. It’s going to get worse.

2in1evtime

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.4%
    63   1   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    retired-midwest
    My wife got a freeze dryer in early fall, we have freeze dried a lot of stuff, now getting ready to do hash browns, we have done all kinds of fruit, and candy too milk duds are awesome as well as skittles. our grandkids go crazy over them!!!

ChrisK

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Starke County
    My wife got a freeze dryer in early fall, we have freeze dried a lot of stuff, now getting ready to do hash browns, we have done all kinds of fruit, and candy too milk duds are awesome as well as skittles. our grandkids go crazy over them!!!
    We have also done strawberries, hash browns and even watermelon. Get bags of frozen mixed vegetables and do them also.

Top Bottom