Stocking up ahead of 2021/2022 shortages...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I bumped up my monthly Amazon subscribe and save order for Nov 5 to Oct 23rd.

Added an extra 10# green coffee beans and cburnworth's suggestion of worchestershire sauce.

Also let a couple extra items on the order go ahead and be shipped that normally I would have skipped. Avocado oil and raw almonds.
    Just part of it...

20211021_162847.jpg

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Added an extra 10# green coffee beans and cburnworth's suggestion of worchestershire sauce.
    Just out of curiosity, what's the significance of worchestershire sauce? Is it that you just like it a lot, or does it have some kind of survival use that I'm not aware of? I usually have a bottle in the fridge, but one bottle will last me for several years. :):

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Just out of curiosity, what's the significance of Worcestershire sauce? Is it that you just like it a lot, or does it have some kind of survival use that I'm not aware of? I usually have a bottle in the fridge, but one bottle will last me for several years. :):

I'm not unlike you on it, but I get to splashing it around and can go through more in spurts. I've been doing the keto thing for the last few years and recently rediscovering Worcestershire a little more, trying to stay away from carbs.

Mainly, I was reacting to the gent upthread suggesting it was scarce on the grocery shelves. And that I could get a gallon of Lee and Perrins on subscribe and save for $10.48.

I'll be marinating for a while. ;)

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    361   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Just out of curiosity, what's the significance of worchestershire sauce? Is it that you just like it a lot, or does it have some kind of survival use that I'm not aware of? I usually have a bottle in the fridge, but one bottle will last me for several years. :):
    Worchestershire, soy sauce, varieties of hot sauce, various broth concentrates. All these are long term shelf stable items and greatly enhance bland foods. Think about if you are down to the great rice and beans reserve how much better life would be with some Chilualu, Frank's or other flavorings.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I saw the gas company is warning people to expect higher prices. Like, 50% higher. Can’t really stock up on it, but it might be smart to look for ways to increase heat retention in your home. Or at least set aside some extra cash.
    We heat mainly with wood once temps drop into the 30’s. We run a gas log fireplace with a blower in the family room to offset the baseboard electric heat out there.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    Just fyi, worchestershire sauce doesn't require the fridge. Not even in the long term. Actually, a lot of condiments don't. But it can be tough mentally to reach for room-temp mayo.

Had the gardener get extra sets of shoes for both of us, hard to find a US made shoe these days, and it will get harder still in the future.
    I haven't bought RedWings in a few years. But the last time I did, there were only two options for boots that were made in USA. Also their free laces pledge has gotten a bit weak. They would only provide one new lace (left foot), but the boot lace on my right foot was the same age, frayed a good bit and would obviously be failing soon. The gentleman suggested I returned once it actually needed it.

turnerdye1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    North Central IN
    What’s the best place for #10 cans of food? I’ve got about $1000 to spend on long term food.

I’ve got buckets of beans/rice/spices. Freezer full of beef and pork. Looking for something a little more long term

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2009
    SE Indy
    What’s the best place for #10 cans of food? I’ve got about $1000 to spend on long term food.

I’ve got buckets of beans/rice/spices. Freezer full of beef and pork. Looking for something a little more long term
    Gordons food service has a open to the public store on 30th and Shadland. Same place that supplys hospitality hospitals ect. Huge containers of just about whatever.

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    Any good deals on firearms or ammo are always on my list.
    Other than that I'm good in the short term. The only things I might need surplus of I don't have a good way to store (Like gasoline).

Top Bottom