• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    ... What you DO need to rotate is your round in the pipe of your carry piece. Each time you cycle that round into the chamber, the bullet sets back ever so slightly. A handful of times is no big deal. ...

In addition to setback, the other thing that can happen is fracturing of the primer cake (leading to rounds that will not fire). I've had this enough (personal experience) I've gone to the practice of never using a rechambered round for anything other than the range. If it's jacked from the chamber, it's removed from carry. YMMV.

Joniki

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NE Indiana
    In addition to setback, the other thing that can happen is fracturing of the primer cake (leading to rounds that will not fire). I've had this enough (personal experience) I've gone to the practice of never using a rechambered round for anything other than the range. If it's jacked from the chamber, it's removed from carry. YMMV.
    ^^^^^

Same here.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Mmm... primer cake... with some of @Cameramonkey 's coil icing...

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    A few years ago, I got a great deal on Totinos party pizzas, $0.79 a piece, filled my smaller deep freezer with them, yes, I stockpiled them. I am happy to report that they DID NOT go bad before I ate them all.
    My wife and I noticed how stupid expensive they are now. $1.75 each. And they are also smaller than they were.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I refuse to pay the going rate for them now. Haven’t had one for quite a while, hopefully someday a good deal will pop up again.
    not likely. Our teens live off of them, so unfortunately I'm stuck buying them. (other options are more expensive)

Top Bottom