• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Steady Glock

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    I'm looking into stippling as an option for a new Glock 30 that I plan to purchase very soon. I presently have a Glock 17 RTF2 and found the grip to be absolutely outstanding, so much so that I'm hesitant to purchase any model that doesn't offer RTF2. Since the G30 doesn't offer RTF2, I'm looking into alternative grip enhancement. Talon is a possibility, but I'm hoping to get the G30 in OD, and the black Talon / skateboard tape looks kinda crappy against the OD color. My question to those in the know is this: how closely does stippling replicate the texture of RTF2? Please let me know. Thanks!

Best, :ar15:

Steady

Last edited:

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I don't think it really "replicates" the RTF2 texture at all. Its a totally different texture, but still serves the same purpose.

Stippling seems "softer". I'd recommend it over the abrasive RTF2.

Steady Glock

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    I don't think it really "replicates" the RTF2 texture at all. Its a totally different texture, but still serves the same purpose.

Stippling seems "softer". I'd recommend it over the abrasive RTF2.

OK, that helps quite a bit. I guess I'll need to get my hands on one to get a feel of it. Is stippling something that can only be done by hand? I'm looking at having Nash Gunwerx take care of it, I just wondered how it's done.

Thanks for the info.

Steady

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    OK, that helps quite a bit. I guess I'll need to get my hands on one to get a feel of it. Is stippling something that can only be done by hand? I'm looking at having Nash Gunwerx take care of it, I just wondered how it's done.

AFAIK, stippling is only done by hand. I know that's how Cory of Nash Gunwerx does it. He did my Glock 19.

s29nxt.jpg

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/nash_gunwerx/7127-my_stippled_g19_by_nash_gunwerx_pics.html

Where are you in the State? I'm on Indy's south side and would be glad to let you try mine.

Steady Glock

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    AFAIK, stippling is only done by hand. I know that's how Cory of Nash Gunwerx does it. He did my Glock 19.

s29nxt.jpg

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/nash_gunwerx/7127-my_stippled_g19_by_nash_gunwerx_pics.html

Where are you in the State? I'm on Indy's south side and would be glad to let you try mine.

Wow, that's really kind of you. I'd like to try it out sometime for sure. I'm in So. Indiana, and split my time between New Albany / Floyd County. I'm also up in Indy from time to time, and would be more than willing to make a trip up there to get a feel of the stippling. I'll send you a PM and we can discuss further from there. Thanks!

pierce195

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    New Castle
    I'm one of the "odd" people on this issue. I love the RTF2 Glock's and plan on buying one after the first of the year.

I like the over all feel and got to shot one of the G17's that our glock rep. over this fall. I put out 100 rounds down range and loved it.

Bigkeger

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I just bought a G19 RTF. I love it!!!! Unfortuneatly I have not spent much time behind the trigger of a Stippled version.

The RTF feels great and grips the hell out of my Hatch gloves! I doubt from what I have experienced this far that the stippling will do the same.

JohnN

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I prefer stippling, the RTF finish feels prickly. Not what you want grinding in to your side if you carry IWB without an undershirt.

Top Bottom