• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Any other Stihl fans here? So far, I have an MS200T saw, MS361 saw, FS130 trimmer, and a BR600 blower. I've been cleaning up tree tops and have been putting the saws to good use. I just ordered a Stihl combo gas and bar oil can off of eBay this morning.

CTS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    I love using Stihl but don't own one yet. Right now my go-to chainsaw is my Husqvarna 450E, which does a great job for what I need, but my next purchase will be something from the Stihl family, they do a fantastic job.

I've got some woods with a lot of smaller scrub trees and fallen branches, a good saw really comes in handy.

Slawburger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Almost Southern IN
    I don't know about the newer ones but I have owned a Stihl chainsaw (MS 250) and brushcutter (FS 90?) for years and consider both to be good purchases. The brushcutter is over 20 years old and getting a little moody but it still works.

Last edited:

atvdave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    SW Indiana
    I don't know about the newer ones but I have owned a Stihl chainsaw and brushcutter for years and consider both to be good purchases. The brushcutter is over 20 years old and getting a little moody but it still works.

Yep... The EPA had put a number on a lot of outdoor power equipment over the years, along with the ethanol blended fuel...

"Stihl" good stuff, just takes a little bit more TLC...

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    Yes I have a bunch of Stihl equipment and was a small engine mechanic for a long time. Stay away from their string trimmers especially the four stroke. The BG55 blower works well. I am having a few problems with the oiler on my old 011 chainsaw I have replaced it with a new complete assembly and it still doesnt work. In order to get the job dne I had to stop once in awhile and pour a qt of oil all over it.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Here's the can I just ordered. Stihl doesn't offer it in the US. EPA regs, I'm sure. I'm tired of dicking with these cheapo plastic cans that don't work.

HB345A_dtl.jpg

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Big fan. BR600 blower, ms290 chain saw, and TS400 chop saw. My collection will grow

The BR600 blows my wife around. It'll blow landscaping rock around easily. I had a cheapo seedeater brand handheld blower and it didn't put out much air. I went to the dealer and asked if I could demo the BR600 as I didn't want to pay $500 for a blower if it didn't do much better than the one I had. I brought it home on Friday and trying to blow some pretty damp leaves and wasn't impressed. I got my old blower out and it wouldn't even touch them. Over the weekend, the leaves dried out and I couldn't believe the difference. I went in Monday and gladly paid the $500.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    My MS361 can be a tad anemic with the 25" bar. I'd like to get a bigger saw to run a 25" or 30" bar and put a 20 on the MS361 but I don't know if I'll ever get around to it or not. 17 acres of woods and I probably don't have 25 trees bigger than 25" diameter at the base. That's one nice thing about woods trees. They grow tall, not out. If I could find a good deal on an 056 in nice shape, I don't think I'd pass it up. My uncle had one with a 25" bar and I don't think it could be stopped.

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    MS362 BR600 FX100RX HS45

You got me beat with the Boss UTV plow, got to get one of those ordered! Get a gas jug at your Deere dealer, they are called "no spill" and work great!

The 362 is a bad ass! 20in. bar and oil screw turned all the way up and let it eat!

All spark arresters removed, all screws torqued, spark plugs torqued, stupid decals removed before ever starting for the first time. Only run Stihl HP Ultra Synthetic oil and 91+ ethanol free octane!

I did professional lawn care for 13 years, only ran Stihl, I know how to get them to last forever.

Last edited:

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I have used in the past and 028 and now have and 031 and a TS400. All are great pieces of equipment. Reliable and effective. For what more could a person ask?

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    I'm a Jonsered and husqy guy personally, but I've got a stihl too. There are two grades of husqys for those that didn't know. The low end like you get at depot and the pro end like you get at an actual dealer....The best thing about stihls is the avail of parts....you can get them just about ANYWHERE. Right now, none of my saws are working, the stihl needs rings and carb work while I need a recoil spring for my jonny and it is so old they don't offer it anymore. Last time I rigged one from another old "parts saw".

Grunt

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I have recently purchased the Stihl MS 290 Farm Boss chain saw with a 20 inch bar and am very impressed. It is very solid and powerful. If you need a chain saw, I'd recommend that you take a look at this model.

I was originally considering a Husqvarna, but after looking at them at Home Depot convinced me they were cheap, just like ThrottleJockey mentions above. The Home Depot Husqvarna doesn't even come close to comparing in quality favorably with the Stihl Farm Boss.

Top Bottom