• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheFireArmorer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Bloomington
    Today my buddy and I installed a Timney 510 trigger into his Rem 700 SPS Tactical .308. The trigger went in fine and feels good. But, after dry firing a few times and cycling the bolt, the bolt will start sticking. It seems to get worse every time we pull the trigger.

We disassembled the bolt and polished the bottom of the bolt plug where is slides along the top of the bolt body, and after putting it back together it would cycle fine for a few trigger pulls, but then it would begin to get sticky again. It will go from smooth as butter to barely being able to cycle the bolt.

We haven't fired any actual rounds yet, just dry fire. Anyone have any ideas on what could be wrong?

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    Did you torque the stock back to spec, or just tighten the screws until you thought they felt good enough? If the bolt is dragging normally you have the rear action screw to tight.

longranger

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2014
    Brown County
    The bolt is not dragging due to stock issues because its not even in the stock because that what we thought was the answer but it wasnt. The only time the issue happens is when you are lifting the bolt after it has been dry fired.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Is the cocking cam surface lubed? Definitely seems to be a trigger/firing-pin issue because when lifting the handle after firing is what does the "cocking" action to get things set for the next shot...

TheFireArmorer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Bloomington
    We figured it out. I personally didn't do the fix but my buddy did. Apparently there is an adjustment screw inside the timney trigger pack that when adjusted helped solve the issue. Thanks for the replies.

Top Bottom