• ...and so much more!
  • smith52

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Kosciusko County
    Steel Challenge @ WRPC
    First gun $10, 2nd gun $5, juniors are free with paid adult.
    WRPC will be limiting this to two guns per shooter as this is a new venture for the club. We will be using PRACTISCORE and that is where the results will be posted.If you want a weekend filled with great shooting, stick around! Warsaw's USPSA match will be on Sunday morning.

smith52

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Kosciusko County
    We are going to hold the Steel Challenge match on the upper range instead of the lower bays. At the club's entrance go through the gate on the right, this is where we used to shoot USPSA matches.

theslasher

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 28, 2013
    Knox
    A friend and I plan on attending next time. We've never entered a shooting match before. Will 2 mags work? And how about picking up our empty brass? Also how long does a match typically last? We have been getting weekends off but could end up getting shafted by then and have to work Saturday nights 3-11. Thanks!

Last edited:

smith52

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Kosciusko County
    A friend and I plan on attending next time. We've never entered a shooting match before. Will 2 mags work? And how about picking up our empty brass? Also how long does a match typically last? We have been getting weekends off but could end up getting shafted by then and have to work Saturday nights 3-11. Thanks!
    We had a few folks show up this past weekend with only two mags and the others on the squad helped reload them as needed. Depending on the division you shoot I recommend 3 to 5 magazines, I have 5 and it made life simple. You are welcome to pick up brass after the match is over, we ask that you do not during the match to keep things moving. The length of the match will depend on the number of shooters, more shooters = more time. 26 shooters this past weekend and we were done and tore down before 1pm.

theslasher

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 28, 2013
    Knox
    Sounds good! Any advice as to which gun I should bring? I have an M&P 9 fullsize with 2 mags but I can pick up another. And I have a G19 Gen 4 with 3 mags. Is there a capacity limit on magazines?

Last edited:

smith52

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Kosciusko County
    Sounds good! Any advice as to which gun I should bring? I have an M&P 9 fullsize with 2 mags but I can pick up another. And I have a G19 Gen 4 with 3 mags. Is there a capacity limit on magazines?
    You can shoot either of them in Production or Limited. Since you only have 2 or 3 mags I would choose limited as you can load your magazines full that way. In Limited there is no limit on rounds in the magazine, they just can't be more than 140mm in length. Production you are limited to 10 rounds in your magazine. I would think that the full size gun would be a better option for this game but either will work fine.

theslasher

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 28, 2013
    Knox
    You can shoot either of them in Production or Limited. Since you only have 2 or 3 mags I would choose limited as you can load your magazines full that way. In Limited there is no limit on rounds in the magazine, they just can't be more than 140mm in length. Production you are limited to 10 rounds in your magazine. I would think that the full size gun would be a better option for this game but either will work fine.
    Whats the difference between production and limited?

smith52

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Kosciusko County
    Production has to be DA first shot or a safe-action (striker fired) pistol. At uspsa.org there is a list of approved Production division pistols. Both the G19 and full size M&P are on the approved list. Limited division requires iron sights and magazines are limited to a length of 140mm, compensators and optics are prohibited. Limited division you will see mostly wide body (double stack/2011) 1911's with a few tricked out Glocks/M&P's/XDm's.

theslasher

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 28, 2013
    Knox
    Production has to be DA first shot or a safe-action (striker fired) pistol. At uspsa.org there is a list of approved Production division pistols. Both the G19 and full size M&P are on the approved list. Limited division requires iron sights and magazines are limited to a length of 140mm, compensators and optics are prohibited. Limited division you will see mostly wide body (double stack/2011) 1911's with a few tricked out Glocks/M&P's/XDm's.

Smith52....

Last week I bought a Springfield Range Officer in 45 acp because I think Id rather shoot single stack. I have the 2 stock 7rd mags and 3 wilson 47 d's. I just loaded 500 rds of ammo. I have a bladetech revolution holster on the way from dillon. What else do I need to get started? I also may be coming alone because the guy that was coming with me will be out of town that weekend. Is there anyway you can pm me? Id like to talk more about this. Thanks for your time!

Top Bottom