• ...and so much more!
  • Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Just bought a used 15-22. So far so good.

I have my dads old, black, Nylon 66, always heard those were nice shooters. Mine hasnt been shot in probably 35 years. Dad was the last one to shoot it, cant bring myself to use it.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    yes those seem to be the most recommended ones. I am liking the marlin 22 795 though and maybe get a cheap sight to throw on it for now. any suggestions?

That is opening a big can of worms. I bought a 795 with a set of tech sights for my son and it would do most anything a .22 needs to do.

ZurokSlayer7X9

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2023
    NWI
    Ruger 10/22 would be the simplest and most versatile system. However if you want something a little more exotic, I really like the GSG MP5 SD clone with the collapsible stock. Functions very similar to the real thing (though it's still blowback operated, no .22 delayed roller gat).

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    The Savage 64 is a good, dependable semiauto .22 rifle. I bought one and set it up with a rear peep and a front aperature sight to train my grandkids. It is very accurate.

The limitation is that the trigger pushes a sliding rod, that pushes the sear. This design does not lend itself to a top shelf trigger match job, and I have never seen an aftermarket match trigger for them. It works fine and if you are going to leave the trigger stock, you would never know any different.

jerrob

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 1, 2013
    Cumberland Plateau
    The S&W 15-22 in the pistol or rifle versions are fun, have threaded barrels, last round hold open, AR type controls and can carry a higher capacity in their magazines. You can find yourself running through 22LR ammo a bit faster than some of the other offerings.
    They're also a cost effective training option if you're on an AR platform.

ZurokSlayer7X9

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2023
    NWI
    There is also the CMMG conversion bolt for a 5.56 AR-15 upper, though the reliability can be finicky at times.

Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I don’t think any gun collection is complete without at least 1 10/22 (I have 3!)

200.gif

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Once i have access to the marketplace i might have to pick one up. Looking to get rid of one? haha
    MOD!!!MODERATOR!!! CAN I GET A MODERATOR HERE!…I think we’ve got someone trying to bypass the 50 post rule!

no I plan on keeping them, one is my steel challenge rfro gun, one is my steel challenge rfri gun, and the other is a heavy steel barrel gun waiting for the right scope to turn it into a possible nrl22 gun

All 3 are far from stock! 1 looks like it’s a space gun (weiland chassis) one looks like it was a race gun (it’s got a fluted barrel but it’s steel and heavy) and one looks stock except for the extended mag release!

But that goes to show you how adaptive the 10/22 really is, with a set of Allen wrenches, and your budget, the sky’s the limit on customization of the ruger 10/22!, and I do mean the sky’s the limit! My steel challenge open class 10/22 probably would cost 1500 to 2 grand to build it again!

Years ago (before the ar15 platform exploded with accessories) I used to say the 10/22 was the Barbie doll of guns, you buy the base doll and then you add the Malibu dream house, then the pink corvette, then the shoes and outfits…and then you realize how much “Barbie” really costs!

Top Bottom