• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GourdOnTheDoor

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2022
    Noblesville
    Only thing wrong with a 10-22 is that it doesn't have a automatic bolt hold open when you've fired your last round from a magazine. Other than that, there's every accessory imaginable for the rifle.
    Yeah i was hoping to do some customizing and i dont mind the bolt not staying open. Do most of the 10-22's have threaded barrels? I would really like to supress it eventually

1776goat

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Nov 8, 2023
    Nashville
    Yeah i was hoping to do some customizing and i dont mind the bolt not staying open. Do most of the 10-22's have threaded barrels? I would really like to supress it eventually
    There are alot of 10/22 variants with threaded barrels. I think many of the factory set ups are called "target" models. Barrels on the 10/22 are easy to swap though. Remove the barreled receiver from the stock, strip receiver, remove two allen bolts from the locking block, remove the barrel. If it is wedged in, you might need to drive the barrel out with a rubber mallet.

TJ Kackowski

Let it begin here.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   1
    Jun 8, 2012
    Hendricks County
    The most common variety of 10/22's do not have threaded barrels, but that is easily remedied by an aftermarket barrel or Allen Moore at Diamond Collision (or any of the other competent gunsmiths in the Indianapolis area).

However, my vote for a good .22LR rifle goes to Marlin. Any of the Model 60 variants if you like tube fed, or any of the Model 795 variants if you like detachable magazine fed.

Reactions: Leo

natdscott

User Unknown
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 20, 2015
    Oh, and OP: if you suppress the 10/22, consider looking for one of the magnetic bolt hold SHUT tabs.

Makes the rifle a locked-bolt single shot. Handy for keeping quiet, and knocking down the facegas.

GourdOnTheDoor

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2022
    Noblesville
    The most common variety of 10/22's do not have threaded barrels, but that is easily remedied by an aftermarket barrel or Allen Moore at Diamond Collision (or any of the other competent gunsmiths in the Indianapolis area).

However, my vote for a good .22LR rifle goes to Marlin. Any of the Model 60 variants if you like tube fed, or any of the Model 795 variants if you like detachable magazine fed.
    Thank you sir i will definitely check those out!

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    The only thing that kinda sucks about the marlin is that it's no longer in production. It'll probably come back at some point, but not right now. You'd be looking for an older used marlin 60 for tube fed, or a 795 for a magazine fed version. The marlin 759 is also the lightest weight semi auto I'm aware of if you're concerned about packing it out somewhere.

GourdOnTheDoor

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2022
    Noblesville
    Oh, and OP: if you suppress the 10/22, consider looking for one of the magnetic bolt hold SHUT tabs.

Makes the rifle a locked-bolt single shot. Handy for keeping quiet, and knocking down the facegas.
    That sounds neat i will have to consider that. I just love the idea of being able to plink squirrels quietly while in the deer stand. Thank you sir!

GourdOnTheDoor

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2022
    Noblesville
    The only thing that kinda sucks about the marlin is that it's no longer in production. It'll probably come back at some point, but not right now. You'd be looking for an older used marlin 60 for tube fed, or a 795 for a magazine fed version. The marlin 759 is also the lightest weight semi auto I'm aware of if you're concerned about packing it out somewhere.
    Yeah i do not mind an older used gun at all just wanting to get a setup going. Definitely like the lightweight so i can easily bring it to deer stand with me. Thank you!

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    One nice thing about the 10/22 (and all Rugers) is that you can safely dry-fire them. They have a cross bar which restrains the firing pin from striking the back of the chamber.

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Ruger 10/22, Marlin 60, Remington Nylon 66, Mossberg 702, Rossi RS22 and others.. so many good choices.

Top Bottom