• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cbabs

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 5, 2014
    Indy
    My gf has been shooting my Ruger SR22 for over a year now. She is ready to move up but doesn't like my 9. Any suggestions on a good 380? Thinking the Bodygaurd.

nailknocker

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2011
    Unless Smith has made some changes, the trigger on the bodyguard is terrible. There are many better options. If she would be interested in single actions, Colts mustang or Sigs 238, are top shelf,IMHO. Let her pick!

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Greenwood
    OP, what firearm is your 9mm and what does your gf not like about it? Knowing that will help narrow the search. In the end it would be best for her to pick out a firearm based on comfort and a grip that fits her.

Cbabs

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 5, 2014
    Indy
    I have a glock 26 she thinks its to fat and bulky. I want to take her to midwest gun range to let her try and find what she likes. Hoping you all can give us a solid list to try. Thanks for the help!

IndyGunSafety

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Fishers, IN
    Springfield XDS, Ruger LC9, etc. She may not like the recoil of the smaller guns. Best she try them out. Our students get to shoot the Glock 19, M&P 9C, and Ruger LC9 in addition to 4 different .22lr pistols and revolvers. So trying them out may be best. Some people do not like the smaller 9mm guns due to recoil and control. Some love them.

Robz703

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2013
    Greenwood
    I was in the same position. Girlfriend did not like guns so for her birthday I got her a Walther P22. She loves it. It's been almost a year and I told her we need to move her up. She did not like my xdm45. So we went down to my Sig P238. She shot it well and liked it.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    My wife, who has a long narrow hand and long fingers, really liked the Beretta Cheetah .380 pistol and shot it great! When she was ready to 'move up' she chose a Glock 26 with a G-19 magazine and an A&G grip spacer to fill out the bottom of the magazine where it protrudes below the grip on the G-26. She ended up with a Gen II G-19, a Springfield XDm 3.8 9mm and finally, a Sig Sauer P230 that I found for her, used but in excellent condition, in a LGS.

Many people jump around with different pistols trying them out wanting to find that 'perfect' pistol. Personally, I favor a G-27/33 pistol...but not everyone does. For a while, my wife and I tried to carry the same magazine in the same caliber for 'compatability sake' but gave that up as she was not that comfortable with the Glock 19 pistol.

My wife really likes her Sig Sauer P-230 in .380 acp...loves the feel, the grip, the 'natural' sight picture it gives her, etc. To me, her having a gun she's comfortable with far exceeds any specific pistol that I might tend to favor!

Best of luck!

Top Bottom