• ...and so much more!
  • 4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    Stanley Hand Tools :* 55-122 *-* Stanley® Fubar® Forcible Entry Tool
    I thought this looked like a good thing to have if SHTF. It has a gas valve wrench, a hydrant wrench, a prybar, a hammer and can just rip about anything apart. Plus it has an awesome not totally PC name.:):

I have the earlier version w/o the gas shut off etc. It is one heavy piece of steel and worked well tearing off an old deck. Until the newer version is available, I'm ordering this baby for :cool: utility purposes

Truckman’s® Axe

Ideal for piercing wall and ceiling materials; removing trim and window and door jams; cutting through roofing, siding materials, metal sheeting, and wire (has dielectric properties of over 100,000 volts); chopping and scoring. This versatile tool can also be used as a nail puller, pry bar, and lever. Made of forged polished steel which is stress-relieved and induction heat-treated, the axe head is guaranteed not to loosen or separate under the toughest working conditions. The ergonomically-designed fiberglass core handle has a curved polypropylene jacket, measures 19-1/2"L, weighs under 3 lbs., and can withstand over 10,000 lbs. of force.

$ 46.75

2363_w2.jpg

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

Truckman’s® Axe

Ideal for piercing wall and ceiling materials; removing trim and window and door jams; cutting through roofing, siding materials, metal sheeting, and wire (has dielectric properties of over 100,000 volts); chopping and scoring. This versatile tool can also be used as a nail puller, pry bar, and lever. Made of forged polished steel which is stress-relieved and induction heat-treated, the axe head is guaranteed not to loosen or separate under the toughest working conditions. The ergonomically-designed fiberglass core handle has a curved polypropylene jacket, measures 19-1/2"L, weighs under 3 lbs., and can withstand over 10,000 lbs. of force.

$ 46.75

2363_w2.jpg
    No fiberglass handles on chopping or pounding tools for me. I had a splitting maul with one. All impacts resonate down the handle, beating the hell out of your hands and wrists. I quickly chucked it and went back to hickory.

Ri22o

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2008
    Speedway
    I have the earlier version w/o the gas shut off etc. It is one heavy piece of steel and worked well tearing off an old deck. Until the newer version is available, I'm ordering this baby for :cool: utility purposes

Truckman’s® Axe

$ 46.75

2363_w2.jpg
    I actually have one of those in the other room. :rockwoot:

epsylum

What's going on up here?
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    It's not too bad. We use it for tearing out drywall sometimes. Other than that, I have no clue what in the hell we would use it for. It's a nice little piece of hardware tough.

So how is the handle? Does it reverb like bwframe said?

As for use, I would use it for a general SHTF axe/tool. It may not be used every day, but it could be extremely handy if needed.

ashylarry

Expert
    Rating - 90%
    9   1   0
    May 9, 2008
    Greencastle
    I am going to call and get a price on this today when I go into work. Maybe see if they will stock it at our store if there are enough people interested.

Ill update when I get back from work tonight and see if its available and how much.

ashylarry

Expert
    Rating - 90%
    9   1   0
    May 9, 2008
    Greencastle
    Well I got bored and called :) . Our COST on the 55-122 is $110 so expect that to be marked up 30% at least. And our cost on the smaller 55-121 is $55 same mark up on that.

She said they wont be available till the date on the website either.

Ri22o

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2008
    Speedway
    So how is the handle? Does it reverb like bwframe said?

As for use, I would use it for a general SHTF axe/tool. It may not be used every day, but it could be extremely handy if needed.
    What do you want me to hit with it, and I'll let you know how it feels.

One upside to the synthetic handle is that it is not conductive, which you might need something like that if SHTF.

epsylum

What's going on up here?
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    What do you want me to hit with it, and I'll let you know how it feels.

One upside to the synthetic handle is that it is not conductive, which you might need something like that if SHTF.

I guess just hack a piece of wood with it or something.

epsylum

What's going on up here?
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    Well I got bored and called :) . Our COST on the 55-122 is $110 so expect that to be marked up 30% at least. And our cost on the smaller 55-121 is $55 same mark up on that.

She said they wont be available till the date on the website either.

So about $150.

Pricey, but still looks very handy.

Top Bottom