• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hobie8

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 20, 2008
    Lake County
    I got called in to work yesterday and today, and couldn't make it to Little Peters' town hall meetings in Highland, Griffith, and Munster. Did anybody attend those, and if so, was he asked any questions about 2A?

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Yep. He supports a new one.

How did you write down your question to ask him about the AWB.
    What were his words that he used to answer it.

I know I should not be pissed about his answer since he voted for the last one , has gotten a F from the NRA for as long as I can remember, but still I'm :xmad:....

Plus I just read in the paper that he said he won't have the FEDs help with the little cal project and with Indy also saying no as well that pertty much leaves the local idiots who rip us off left and right to try and find 31 million to finish the project that should have been done 12 years ago!

!!!WORTHLESS THE ENTRIRE LOT OF THEM!!!

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    He said no on the little cal because the feds are putting alot of money towards it and the local and state aren't. He said "if the colts played next to the little cal, the funding wouldn't be a problem."

He supports the right to bear arms BUT that should have reasonable restrictions. My question was simply "do you support a new assault weapons ban?" His simple answer was yes. I had "my people" at 4 meetings and the answer was the same. So were the meetings. People squabbling for federal money. And kissing ass while they tried.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    He supports the right to bear arms BUT that should have reasonable restrictions.
    He LIES. He claims to support the 2A. His voting record proves he is a liar and shows he hates guns, gun owners and hunters. He is "F" rated by the NRA.

Here is an unbiased assessment of him: Peter Visclosky on the Issues

He does NOT and has NEVER supported any part of the 2nd Amendment.

Pete Visclosky is as anti-gun as Obama. If anyone believes any differently then they have been drinking the Kool-Aid that the Brady Campaign hands out at political rallies.

Here is his voting record for all to see. He is as ANTI GUN as you can get:
    Project Vote Smart - Representative Peter J. 'Pete' Visclosky - Voting Record

Last edited:

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Printed in THE TIMES newspaper today (Sunday edition):
    What happened to America, where Americans took individual responsibility for their lives and where politicians were honest?

It is really a shame to see how far we have fallen in our society.

U.S. Rep. Pete Visclosky has held a series of town hall meetings, including one in DeMotte. The room was filled with mostly older residents whining about how much more they could get from the government, such things as road salt and other services the federal government has nothing to do with. These people were there with their hands and hats out asking for more. This is not my father's generation, where people didn't expect hand-outs from the government.

There were also some lies and biases shown. Visclosky, who has one of the most anti-gun voting records on Capitol Hill, claimed he was pro-Second Amendment. His voting record is clear. His words were a lie. Nothing else can be said about them.

Oh, and when the "bailout" was discussed, it was noted that nobody was accountable for how the money was spent, so a young man asked if Congress could be prosecuted for giving away our tax dollars with no strings attached, and our good congressman simply decided to end the meeting.

Our government at work, truly a horrid state of affairs. But given the number of beggars there asking for more, it is no wonder that our society has fallen so far so fast.​

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    Great find. I do believe I noticed the same thing.

Funny thing is though, they talked about "our fathers generation". They were all in their 60's and 70's. What DID happen to America is she got old. And greedy.

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    Here is an excerpt of my observations while at the Demotte meetings.

"He moved on and read the other cards. Most of these cards were appalling. "Why don't we have more money for salt for the roads?" "Can we get federal money for salt and bridge x?" "Can we get an EARMARK for the new school we want to build?" These people want their LOCAL school paid for by THE ENTIRE NATION!!!! That is nuts. There is no mention of what is going on in the nation or world. These people just want federal money. I thought my generation was bad. Put future generations in debt so they can have it easy today."

Way to go Times. Finally a voice of reason.

Top Bottom