• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    So after fondling an SP5 for a solid half an hour at IGC this weekend I have made the executive decision to work a bunch of overtime to get both the Staccato CS and the H&K SP5.

Why might you ask? Because I want to use it to H&K slap whenever I want because it’s fun.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    So after fondling an SP5 for a solid half an hour at IGC this weekend I have made the executive decision to work a bunch of overtime to get both the Staccato CS and the H&K SP5.

Why might you ask? Because I want to use it to H&K slap whenever I want because it’s fun.
    Well done Dean, well done.

63PGP

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2018
    Boone

I grabbed one of the SP5's from IGC this morning.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    I grabbed one of the SP5's from IGC this morning.

Nice you pick up the K they had or the “standard” I am thinking the “standard” model myself as it’s the most “classic” IMHO, though I know the K is technically more desirable and rare.

63PGP

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2018
    Boone
    Standard.

I had a K previously, before they shipped with the 3 lug barrel and the paddle mag release from the factory. Sold that a couple years ago when the prices went nuts and someone offered a number I couldn't refuse. I always though that first purchase was a mistake once the new SP5's with the 7-8 inch barrels came out.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I have the K PDW. I have been thinking I probably should have the big one also... So little money and time and so many guns I need...

63PGP

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2018
    Boone
    I have the K PDW. I have been thinking I probably should have the big one also... So little money and time and so many guns I need...
    I found myself naturally gripping the pistol too close to the barrel with my K since I mostly shoot AR's. This one is much more natural to me.

acd1010

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    Coatesville
    The CS was my first Staccato. I got a P a couple weeks after it and picked up another P (used/trade) and a C2 on the same day. I no longer have a CS. I carry the C2. The CS IMO jut didn't cut it compared to a C2.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    I actually used to have the MKE AP5 clone. I wish I hadn't sold it, but I needed (wanted) money for something else and let a buddy talk me out of it. Personally I'm holding out for the Staccato C model. 4-4.25" 1911 with an officer sized grip is my favorite all around 1911 style.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    I actually used to have the MKE AP5 clone. I wish I hadn't sold it, but I needed (wanted) money for something else and let a buddy talk me out of it. Personally I'm holding out for the Staccato C model. 4-4.25" 1911 with an officer sized grip is my favorite all around 1911 style.

My ultimate set up right now is the CS and a C with a Steel frame. I am just waiting for them to actually make the C and in a steel frame. The new grip is that much of an improvement

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg

Oh....I didn't ask why...I just knew I like the way you are thinking!

Patched

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 4, 2021
    Lake County
    The attached youtube video is from a guys coverage of NRAAM 2024. The rep at the Staccato booth (starting about 6:20) indicates that they are going to be transitioning (over years) the entire Staccato line to the CS style mags. I had been wondering about that - this is the first I have heard a confirmation of that. Makes me really want a CS now and a C or P later.

acd1010

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    Coatesville
    j6YTvEg.jpg

So I am turning 30 this year and want to get a pistol I have always wanted for a while. The original contender was a MK23 but I had the opportunity to shoot one and to say it was not for me would be an understatement.

So I got my hands on a CS and it felt amazing in my hand. I really like the CS as the idea of a 2011 you can actually carry has appealed to me for at least the last 10 years I just could never afford one and when I could STI (now Staccato) stopped making them.

Has anyone on INGO had experience with one IRL? I know it won’t be nearly as soft shooting as my Staccato P , but I expect it to shoot “softer” than my P365X for example. The new mags don’t concern me as I really like the new grip and would honestly have my P converted if possible.

Not 100% sure on optics yet but really leaning towards the Trijicon RCR as I want to keep it like my Staccato P 100% American down to the optics.

Also other guns I am considering, but I feel like the CS would get by far the most use. The SP5 is because well every 90’s kid wants an MP5 and the Python is my favorite looking pistol ever but I don’t think it would get shot a lot as I heavily prefer optics.
    CS was my first Staccato. I bought a P shortly after. I currently have two Ps and a C2. I don't have a CS. I carry a C2. I feel like the C2 for me is a much better gun and I like that I can run the standard 2011 mags in it. You can't do that with a CS.

Top Bottom