• ...and so much more!
  • hootenholler

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 19, 2011
    jefferson co
    sights

Anyone have any suggestion about a good set of sights for the range officer....thinking of only changing front sight but am open to suggestions...post pics too...if u would

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    I haven't got the chance to hold the Ruger yet but I have played with the Springfield RO several times now, I like it! And I thought the sights that came on the RO looked pretty good.

danimal

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2011
    Unincorporated Lake County
    my father has a SA loaded he bought back in '01 or '02 and right on the frame it says "made in brazil". it shoots great, just because its not all 100% made it the states doesn't mean its a bad 1911.

i'm not convinced cast vs. forged is all that important, there's plenty of polymer .45s and aluminum framed 1911s that run w/o issue.

i don't think you could go wrong with either purchase, but this summer i'm going to steal some money out of the kids college fund and grab me my first 1911 instead of mooching my dad's all the time: and i'm personally going with the sr1911.

enjoy whatever you pickup :ar15:

hootenholler

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 19, 2011
    jefferson co
    my father has a SA loaded he bought back in '01 or '02 and right on the frame it says "made in brazil". it shoots great, just because its not all 100% made it the states doesn't mean its a bad 1911.

i'm not convinced cast vs. forged is all that important, there's plenty of polymer .45s and aluminum framed 1911s that run w/o issue.

i don't think you could go wrong with either purchase, but this summer i'm going to steal some money out of the kids college fund and grab me my first 1911 instead of mooching my dad's all the time: and i'm personally going with the sr1911.

enjoy whatever you pickup :ar15:

100% American made means a little something to me...I've been trying to by more rugers and less Taurus here recently...ive

Mordred

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    SAs are some of the best but i hate that back sight on the Range Officer. Get the milspec or the loaded.

Top Bottom