• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cherrynutz

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Bremen
    Shooing some subsonic rounds for the AR. Shot 8 rounds and on the 9th round all I heard was a little pop and fizz. So there about 1 1/2" into the chamber is a 55g Hornady VMax. I've tried pounding it out going in through the muzzle and vice versa. No luck. Used a brass cleaning rod and then went to the hardware store and bought an aluminum rod. Tried to just tap it then I stuck the rod in my vise and "dropped" the upper onto the rod. Any help would be appreciated.

RGriff69

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 24, 2010
    I had that happen to me before on a sig 556. I used a wooden dow rod down the barrel from the muzzle end and knocked the snot out of it. It came right out.

cherrynutz

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Bremen
    I had that happen to me before on a sig 556. I used a wooden dow rod down the barrel from the muzzle end and knocked the snot out of it. It came right out.

Not this bad boy. You would think I tried to jack hammer a 50 cal in there. I'm done messing with it. Taking it to a gunsmith later this evening.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    In my range hut I have a brass rod about 12" long. I put it in the barrel of my Crossman Pump airgun pistol on top of a pellet. I then shoot that into the barrel of the rifle. It works like a charm. I've used it for .223-.308. It's an uncoated brazing rod.

cherrynutz

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Bremen
    I will try the pellet gun trick next time. Took it to John from Tactical Component. He had it out in a few minutes and gave me the rod all for $5. Thanks for the responses everyone

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    In my range hut I have a brass rod about 12" long. I put it in the barrel of my Crossman Pump airgun pistol on top of a pellet. I then shoot that into the barrel of the rifle. It works like a charm. I've used it for .223-.308. It's an uncoated brazing rod.

From the breach, right? Does it push them through the first time or take multiples?

Top Bottom