Springfield XDM 9 3.8" front fiber sight and ???

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyLongColt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2013
    Morgan County
    Boy am I happy. After putting this pistol in layaway Monday ( Bob at PSS didn't have one in stock and ordered for me)....I got a text from my awesome wife today while I was at work telling me that I should go get my pistol today???? Say what? Laid away a whole 2 days, lol.

To make a long story short, my XDM 3.8" 9mm came new with a front fiber sight!! really cool as I liked that on the mod. 2.

Then, I didn't even notice until I got home that all of that extra stuff is missing....no cutouts even in the box.

I'm happy with it, was just expecting the holster, mag carrier, and mag loader????

Anyone know if this is how XDm pistols are packaged now? Just an option?

Oh, was thinking they usually had a fired cartridge also...mine didnt?

Again, not disappointed, just a bit stumped. I've read a bunch and fondled a bunch. They all had 3 dot steel dovetailed sights and the extra gear.

TheJuggernaut

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2012
    Springfield offers 2 bundles with the XDs and apparently the XDm too now. You got what they call the Essentials Package. In essence, you don't get the paddle holster or magazine loader. But it is generally cheaper to the point that you could use the cost savings to buy just about any other holster you want for it with the savings. The one that comes with them in the full bundle isn't really all that great IMHO. I went for the Blackhawk SERPA holster for mine.

Very cool that they ship with fiber optic sights now. Big bonus there!

Last edited:

IndyLongColt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2013
    Morgan County
    Yep, totally stoked. I "almost" went for the Mod 2 with fiber front but really liked the "M" better. I've been looking into holsters too. I'll check that one out.

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    Wow, a FO front sight on a 3.8" XDm is well worth the trade-off of the whole "gear pack", which as Juggernaut said, is full of stuff I'll likely never use. Plus, the case for the standard gear pack offering is tough to fit into your standard range bag.

But this came with a FO front sight?? Post a pic when you can. I just looked on Springfield's website, and didn't see anything mentioning the XDm line has an option of a FO front sight except on the longer competition version.

TheJuggernaut

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2012
    I just looked at some online retailers and the Essentials Package is about $60 cheaper than the Gear Package. And you got a FO Sight too. 3 times now Springfield has come out with an Essentials Package offering after I paid more for the Gear Package. I just can't win. :dunno:

You got a really good deal there. I'd like to see a pic of it too with the FO Front Sight.

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    I'll be darned... yep, just looked on Sportmans Outdoor site, and the description definitely says it comes with interchangeable red and green FO sights for the XDm compact. OP, call it a "happy accident" if you want, but I think you did well!

sloppydj

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2014
    Silver Lake
    I have an XDm and I was just looking at exchanging the sights. I'm a little jealous right now. Nice pick up!

Where can I trade in my extra stuff? It's still in the box and hasn't been touched since I bought it a few years ago.

Top Bottom