• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IMPD31323

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    indy
    Curious if anyone has one and what do they think about it. My beat partner is thinking about buying one as his back up and I'm pretty convinced its got to be a bear to shoot. I had a kahr pm40 for a while that was an absolute bear to shoot. Couldn't imagine it as a 45. Thanks for your time and imput

code_red

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Mar 14, 2011
    East Side Indy
    I have one and recoil isn't that bad. It doesn't have much muzzle flip. It pushes back into your hand. Very manageable. My little 380 is harder to control. It's acurate and mine has been flawless. I'm female btw. If I can handle it, I think your partner will have no problem. I can shoot it one handed too.

Jason91887

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2012
    The recoil is not bad at all! I have ran about 50 rounds through one and love it. It's MUCH more manageable than my Ruger LCP. I am really considering picking one up for a carry piece in the near future.

wtfd661

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    North East Indiana
    One of the guys I work with has one for his off duty gun. He said it really wasnt bad to shoot. In December we qualify with our off duty/back up guns and I am going to bring some extra ammo to try it out :ar15:

TLHelmer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Oct 3, 2010
    Evansville area
    I just qualified with my XDS this week. It shot great and I already knew that the recoil wasn't bad because I shot it before I qualified.

It has functioned perfectly so far with 200 rounds through it so far.

aaron580

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Morgan County
    I got to use one of them a couple days ago and I liked it but I felt like it wasnt as balanced as the glock. I am a bit biased yes but it was a nice shooting pistol. Grip was nice but felt aa bit small for my taste. I would buy one if I had a chance to.

Toolepqk

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96.3%
    52   2   0
    Jul 25, 2011
    I have put close to 500 rounds thru my XDs with no malfunctions. It is very accurate even out to 25 yards. The grip is a little aggressive but not a problem. I also had a kahr, cw40, that wasnt fun to shoot. I enjoy shooting the XDs, I would recommend one.

Seven High

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2011
    I have fired 100 rounds thru one recently. There was no mistaking that I was shooting a 45acp round. They would make a great backup weapon. If I owned one, I would put a rubber sleeve on the grip.

indyjs

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 4, 2008
    Greenwood
    One outing and 55 rounds through mine. Straight out of the box. No cleaning or lube and no malfunctions. Most accurate shooting was done with it, which was somewhat disappointing as I also was shooting a full size px4 and m&p9c.

IMPD31323

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    indy
    Thanks for all the responses. I'll pass the info on to josh. He'll be happy as he's had his eye on one for a while now. Seems like it should carry like a dream being almost the same size as my pm9. Thanks again

LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town
    The recoil is not bad at all! I have ran about 50 rounds through one and love it. It's MUCH more manageable than my Ruger LCP. I am really considering picking one up for a carry piece in the near future.

I own the LCP, and recently picked up the XDs. Definitely agree about the recoil - it's much less than expected. Not sure if it's more manageable than the LCP, but it's very good considering that it's a .45.

Easy to field strip, too.

Psode27

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2011
    Rochester
    Glad to hear the praise of this thing! I've been drooling over them since they came out. Hopefully soon I'll have one as I don't have a great EDC at the moment.

Top Bottom