• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • grahamsy2k

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 24, 2012
    Terre Haute
    I just bought some true glo sights to put on my XD and when I took it to the gun shop they said they couldn't put them on. They said the factory sights were on there way to tight.

Any advice?​

LionsFan1911Man

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 3, 2012
    I just bought some true glo sights to put on my XD and when I took it to the gun shop they said they couldn't put them on. They said the factory sights were on there way to tight.​

I have a 3.8 9mm xdm and love it. What is wrong with the facyory sights? I have never even thought about putting new sights on. Should I?

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Call Springfield CS and they may be able to help you, they take great care of their clarinete.

Lol.
    0JCL-631-NMT-HD.jpg

mj.elder

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Didnt have a problem changing mine out when I had one. Just be sure to line them up right with a bore sight. Don't want it to be shooting inaccurately

jack6aigma

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    XD Rear Sights

I decided to replace my factory rear sights on my XD9 subcompact and could not remove it with a standard brass punch nor the RL Tool I purchased from Laserlyte! I finally contacted JM Gunsmithing on the Southeast side of Indy! He had similar issues but I left it there for a couple of hours! He then called me back and said he was able to remove it! My Glocks were easy to remove but my XD had a really tight interference fits! Good luck !!!

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    On the two XDm's I've owned, the gun shop swapped them for me. They did warn me they may have to cut them out (i.e. the factory sights may get ruined). In both cases they were able to push them out without damage but it did take quite a bit of effort.

It's do-able, but not what I would call easy.

n9znd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Jul 28, 2009
    Lafayette
    I got mine out today with no problems. It took a steel punch and a few hard wacks but they came right out. Lots of horror stories but mine was pretty easy. Hopefully the new one go in as easy. Jim

Top Bottom