Springfield MIL-SPEC in Stainless at Whittakers?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • coltaceguy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Indiana
    A guy I know claims he is getting a SA mil-spec in STAINLESS from Whittakers for $540. Seems low as hell to me, anyone got a Mil-Spec from there? Are their prices really that low?

gunlvr1956

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    I do quite a bit of buying from Darryl at Whittakers, and their prices are generally hard to beat. Its nice to shop there, most all guns are on display where you can check them out before you buy. Highly recommend checking their shop out. Its a good way to spend a cpl hours and open on Sunday also. Their Ph # is (270)-229-0140:ar15:

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    I used to see them for 490 plus tax around here, but the local guys seemed to think that they could ride the craziness buying and I have seen 600 (even Bob's in Plainfield, a sterling example of gun sales in Indy, has gone this way, potentially due to his distributer being a weirdo). If it is more than 590, tell em to shove it.

I love how they look in stainless. Heck of a lot better than parkerization in my eyes.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Is this a good "starter" 1911?

I'm looking for something to carry and maybe shoot a little steel with.

Yes, Springfields are considered very good quality. You might want to opt for the Milspec rather than the GI as the Milspec has better sights and a lowered ejection port. For what you want it for, it will probably serve you just fine out-of-the-box. Pistolsmiths that I know, like the SA 1911's as a base gun for accurizing, if you want to do that later.

Top Bottom