• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I picked up a new SPFD Ronin 10mm awhile ago and was pretty impressed with it. Stock it was a nice gun and would have been just fine as is but I decided to spice it up a bit. I sent the frame and slide off to Innovative Custom Guns in PA as he had an opening for some work, my go to for machining is usually either IGC or AllenM here. I had the frame checkered in 25lpi, the top of the slide serrated and some ball cuts done on the front of the slide. I installed Harrison Design ignition parts, EGW .200 slide stop, ejector, and thumb safety, a Dawson front night sight, a Wilson beavertail, and a Chen magwell. SPFD has been doing a pretty good job lately with their beavertail fit (radius fit) but I wanted it a bit better, the radius is cut pretty short so you can't really cut anymore off to fit a lot of beavertails, they basically use a Wilson cut so I tried a Wilson and the thumb safety wouldn't quite go in so I was able to do a bit of fitting for a nicer fit. After blending all the way around it looks pretty good. I blended the Chen a bit with the frame but the fit on the Chens is pretty good just as a drop in. I reshaped the EGW thumb safety a bit to follow the contour of the frame. After that just the usual reliability work like the feed ramp polishing, ejector/extractor tuning etc. I did a final dehorn around the pistol and sent it off to AllenM for cerakote. We did a matte black slide and tungsten grey frame to keep the original 2-tone look.
    Base gun:
    Ej2Iss2m.jpg

XFB0gJPl.jpg

Ju7hYsMl.jpg

YfHJ46sl.jpg

UDZVPqXl.jpg

k3Ed4HVl.jpg

LoGYUNjl.jpg

DBEWf7Pl.jpg

jiO7PlDl.jpg

PujmxfOl.jpg

08g2qR9l.jpg