Sportsman’s Warehouse Indianapolis Southside to open.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I stopped in yesterday afternoon, seems like a nice store, sort of like the smaller Gander Mountain we used to have in Greenfield. Gun prices didn't look too bad really based on the couple I looked at. I've been interested in the Franchi Momentum Elites and they had several in stock, good prices on the Tikka's too. They had a ton of ammo, 9mm started at around 18.99 for 50 FMJ's. Most rifle calibers that I could see as well.

Scuba591

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    Noblesville
    I stopped by this morning to have a look around. Talking with the man behind the gun counter I heard a curious thing. He mentioned
    1). The store has a plan to have signage asking customers to unload their firearms for entry to the store. Not for returns... but as a general rule.
    2). They are unable to sell pistols at this time since they do not have approval from the State of Indiana yet. He mentioned that the one and only person that approves such things is on vacation. I do not know much about these things... it just seemed odd, what with the opening happening on an upcoming Friday. I think the fact that they are open is just a soft open.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I stopped by this morning to have a look around. Talking with the man behind the gun counter I heard a curious thing. He mentioned
    1). The store has a plan to have signage asking customers to unload their firearms for entry to the store. Not for returns... but as a general rule.
    2). They are unable to sell pistols at this time since they do not have approval from the State of Indiana yet. He mentioned that the one and only person that approves such things is on vacation. I do not know much about these things... it just seemed odd, what with the opening happening on an upcoming Friday. I think the fact that they are open is just a soft open.
    Sounds like someone at the counter that doesn't know anything.

Franc

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2021
    Fishers, IN
    I stopped in yesterday afternoon, seems like a nice store, sort of like the smaller Gander Mountain we used to have in Greenfield. Gun prices didn't look too bad really based on the couple I looked at. I've been interested in the Franchi Momentum Elites and they had several in stock, good prices on the Tikka's too. They had a ton of ammo, 9mm started at around 18.99 for 50 FMJ's. Most rifle calibers that I could see as well.
    $18.9 per 50 is on par with Cabela's. Will definitely check them out. Plus I really need to stock my empty cabinet of 12 GA target loads.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Got CCI small pistol primers Tuesday after a buddy gave me a call about them. Limit 1K per customer, per day. The wife and I were both customers! Went back this morning. The CCI SPs were gone but I got 1K Federal SP magnum match primers and Mrs DRob got 1K for her brother. I also picked up 8 lbs of Win 231 for $150. They still had a few primers, mostly LP and LR, and a little bit of powder. No SR primers. Some rifle and pistol brass and bullets. Glad to see any amount of components on the shelves.

SAILORGOLF46

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Feb 14, 2012
    Greenwood
    For a store that is unable to sell pistols, they had a lot of pistols yesterday.
    Went for the first time Thursday afternoon, lots of goodies chould have filled a cart but said hello to Charlie who was in the gun dept and headed home. Nice store, welcome addition to the southside.

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 29, 2009
    the kitchen
    I’m a bit late to getting this news. My wife saw it and informed me this weekend. I came here to see the feedback.
    I had bought thousands in gear from Sportsman’s Warehouse in UT before moving to IN. Canoe, binos, waders, decoys, cases, holsters, ammo, fishing gear, etc…..
    Always loved shopping the huge store in the Salt Lake Valley.
    I’m sorry to see the earlier postings that this is now under the Bass Pro umbrella. I figure it’ll just be another outlet for similar goods at similar pricing. Won’t keep me from going and checking it out.

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    Same. Bought a Winchester model 70 featherweight pushfeed XTR in 243 for under $400. Those were the days….
    I found far more good used gun deals online when Gander used to post them than I did in store but they were definitely there to be found most of the time.

Chance

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2009
    Berne
    The Fort Wayne store has no such sign.

xwing

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2012
    Greene County
    I like Sportsman Warehouse, I`ve ordered a bit from them online. I`ll always miss Galyan`s though. Galyan`s was my dream place.

Galyan's was a great store. Their firearms section was actually staffed by knowledge associates and they were pro-2a. It went downhill fast after they were purchased by Dick's. Dick's Sporting Good has been anti-2a for quite a while, but finally decided to be 100% anti-gun last year. Good riddance to them!

Cabala's / Bass Pro are fairly good stores, although sometimes a bit overpriced.

Top Bottom