• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mtinner

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2014
    somewhere in ohio
    Yesterday I purchased a Ruger lc9, my first 9mm. My question is about speed loaders. Of course it's a single stack and I was wondering about the best speed loader for it and where I could pick one up.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Get about 10 mags to go along with that ^^^^^^ loader.

I have one for my 7 XDm (19 rounds) mags. It really is a thumb saver.

INDYFAN

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    Fishers
    I've had an UPLULA for several years now and I know from experience that it works on g19, g26, Bersa .380, Ruger lc9, M&P Shield, and Springfield XDm. Just about the handiest accessory you can find. I hope the one I have lasts forever, but if it doesn't I'll buy another. I also bought a .22 cal. version, but that was waste of money since the Ruger SR22 mags are so easy to load.

kalboy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jun 10, 2009
    S Indiana
    I've had good luck with the ADCO Superthumb for low cap single stack mags, have used these for the past 25yrs or so. Don't know why Midway is so high on this , I'm linking to them because of the several reviews for your reference. This model runs about $4-6 or so at the various LGS in my area and easily fits in a pocket.
    ADCO Super Thumb Mag Loader Single Stack 9mm Luger 38 Super 45 ACP

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    it's a single stack so the UPLula won't work for it. It is an easy magazine to load though so don't worry about it.
    Otherwise they are really nice for loading double stack magazines. :yesway:

BJones

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Noblesville/Westfld
    +1 for the MagLula it works for all single and double stack .380 to .45. It is the easiest mag loader I have ever used. They also make one for .22 and .223.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    it's a single stack so the UPLula won't work for it. It is an easy magazine to load though so don't worry about it.
    Otherwise they are really nice for loading double stack magazines. :yesway:

The Mag Lula works fine for single stack mags. I've used them with single stack Kahrs and 1911s at the range as well as for double stack mags.

Hornett

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Bedford, Indiana
    I use my UpLula for 1911 mags...
    And, even though I can't recall a specific time, I am pretty sure I have used mine on single stack 9's.
    Because, the UpLula is ALWAYS in my range bag.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    I am having a difficult time imagining why someone would need a speedloader for a single stack magazine.

Because the mag spring is strong, making it hard to load.
    Because you don't like cutting your thumb on the thin mag edges.
    Because you like to do it as fast and easy as possible, particularly when you are at an indoor range and are paying for the time there.

Drail

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Bloomington
    All valid points but there is no good reason for the mag spring to be THAT strong on a single stack 9mm unless the slide is moving SO FAST that a normal spring can't get a round up in time (poorly conceived design IMO) and the mag edges do not need to be left sharp enough to cut your thumb (I believe that they are). I have no use for any manufacturer who sells you any object made from sheet metal and believes that to de burr all of the sharp edges will just cut into their profit margin too much. I suppose that's just the way a lot of guns are built today. If it's heavier or larger than a cell phone almost nobody will buy it. Makes me appreciate all of my large heavy old school guns even more. Some of the guns I am seeing today are just absurdly designed and produced and yet they still sell them as fast as they can crank them out.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    No problem. No one will make you buy one if you don't need it. The great thing obout the MagLula is that it can handle so many different calibers as well as single/double stacks.

Top Bottom