• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dewidmt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 27, 2008
    South of the Muscatatuck
    I put out a call for shops selling reloading supplies and after checking them out, I can recommend two shops for anyone in the Seymour, Scottsburg, Salem area.
    Bite the Bullet Gun Shop on Hwy 31 about 6 miles North of Seymour..Wilson Combat dealer, nice selection of Glocks and other makes. Prices seem about $50 too high, but the guy is working the store in his old garage! Spotted a Winchester Mod 70 Supergrade in .458 Win Mag for $799! Dillon dealer, also the first guy I've seen that actually had cast lead bullets in stock, $35 per 500 for .38 158 gr LSWC. Will order any powder you want. Had a lot of Vhitavitouri and Winchester in stock.
    Sport Garden 5 miles East of Austin on SR 256, just off I-65 South...Lot of pistols, sells some of the lower price lines if interested (Charter Arms, Taurus). Spotted a few older "antique" guns (Colt Police Positive in 32-20, older Hi-Standard GB model .22). Lots of primers and powder, even som once-fired brass. Place is being remodeled, owner told me new section will be mostly all reloading supplies! Very friendly folks, lots of locals sitting around talking guns. Phone ringing constantly, I think he does a ton of business. Family operated and oriented.
    Also a shout out for Red Barn Bait Shop..just off SR 135 South about 4 miles North of Salem. Small selection of pistols under 1 glass case, many trade-in shotguns and rifles, Moisin's etc. Also caters to the fishermen of the area. FFL transfers $20. Good selection of ammo, centerfire and shotgun. Just a nice lil shop to sit, have a cup of coffee and talk guns.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I put out a call for shops selling reloading supplies and after checking them out, I can recommend two shops for anyone in the Seymour, Scottsburg, Salem area.
    Bite the Bullet Gun Shop on Hwy 31 about 6 miles North of Seymour..Wilson Combat dealer, nice selection of Glocks and other makes. Prices seem about $50 too high, but the guy is working the store in his old garage! Spotted a Winchester Mod 70 Supergrade in .458 Win Mag for $799! Dillon dealer, also the first guy I've seen that actually had cast lead bullets in stock, $35 per 500 for .38 158 gr LSWC. Will order any powder you want. Had a lot of Vhitavitouri and Winchester in stock.
    Sport Garden 5 miles East of Austin on SR 256, just off I-65 South...Lot of pistols, sells some of the lower price lines if interested (Charter Arms, Taurus). Spotted a few older "antique" guns (Colt Police Positive in 32-20, older Hi-Standard GB model .22). Lots of primers and powder, even som once-fired brass. Place is being remodeled, owner told me new section will be mostly all reloading supplies! Very friendly folks, lots of locals sitting around talking guns. Phone ringing constantly, I think he does a ton of business. Family operated and oriented.
    Also a shout out for Red Barn Bait Shop..just off SR 135 South about 4 miles North of Salem. Small selection of pistols under 1 glass case, many trade-in shotguns and rifles, Moisin's etc. Also caters to the fishermen of the area. FFL transfers $20. Good selection of ammo, centerfire and shotgun. Just a nice lil shop to sit, have a cup of coffee and talk guns.

I would be interested in that 458 WM, do you have a number for that guy?

thanks

amboran

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2008
    Brownstown,IN
    Bite the Bullet gun shop (north of Seymour) phone # is 812-445-3010. Bob is the owner-his prices may seem a little high sometimes,but he will deal-just be nice to his Rottweiler-she likes to intimidate the newbies;)

Top Bottom