• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ruiner

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 27, 2008
    West Lafayette, IN
    So what was the verdict.. I'm going to be severely pissed if this went through...

I go through South Bend all the time. ( Father is in granger, Mother is in North Liberty, just passed mayflower.. )

I cannot believe this. We need to start fighting this stuff tooth and nail.

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!
    So what was the verdict.. I'm going to be severely pissed if this went through...

I go through South Bend all the time. ( Father is in granger, Mother is in North Liberty, just passed mayflower.. )

I cannot believe this. We need to start fighting this stuff tooth and nail.

It is just for city buildings and parks where posted. You can still go through South Bend with no problems. No doubt it will pass but it is just because they have the wrong idea about Lawful carry. They know the criminals won't obey so they are just targeting law abiding citizens.

Ruiner

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 27, 2008
    West Lafayette, IN
    I understand, but when I drive through town, sometimes I will be on city property. ( used to work for Traffic and Lighting.. ) I might want to go talk to the ole' coworkers.

bw8755

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    South Bend
    I have not heard anything since the newscast, but almost all negative comments regarding it on the news website.

I emailed the city council that night and got a positive reply from one of the members who agreed with me. I will see if I can get a status update from him.

Cwood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 30, 2008
    NE Ohio
    The last news I heard of this was that the ordinance was tabled for further review. They were worried it would not stand a challenge. I read this the other night on WSBT website yet the article is no where to be found now..... hmmmmmm :dunno:

bw8755

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    South Bend
    Got this in my inbox today .

South Bend Common Council to Consider Ban on Right-to-Carry!
    Please Voice Your Opposition Today!

On Monday, June 23, the South Bend Common Council is scheduled to consider a proposal to ban the possession and carrying of firearms on all city-owned property, even by Right-to-Carry permit holders. While details of the proposal are not currently available, it is clear that from prior committee discussion, the full Council will consider a measure that will restrict the rights of law-abiding gun owners and render them defenseless against criminal attack.

Just last year, Governor Mitch Daniels (R) issued an Executive Order allowing law-abiding gun owners to possess and carry firearms in State Parks. Since enactment of the Executive Order, there hasn't been a single incident involving lawful possession and carrying in State Parks, yet the South Bend Common Council is moving forward with its proposal.

Please make every effort to attend Monday night's meeting and strongly encourage the Common Council to protect your right to defend yourself and your loved ones by rejecting this measure. Regardless of whether or not you can attend, please contact the Common Council members listed below and urge them to oppose this misguided proposal.

Bear in mind, if enacted, this ordinance would apply to all gun owners, not just those living in South Bend!

Meeting details:
    Monday, June 23, 7:00 p.m.
    227 West Jefferson Blvd.
    South Bend, Indiana
    www.southbendin.gov

1st District
    Derek Dieter

Home: 574-243-5657
    Cell: 574-532-2200
    Email: ddieter@southbendin.gov

2nd District
    Henry Davis Jr.

Phone: 574-235-5983
    Email: hdavis@southbendin.gov

3rd District
    Thomas Lafountain
    Home: 574-289-9862
    Voice: 574-235-5981

Email: tlafountain@southbendin.gov

4th District
    Ann Puzzello
    Home: 574-234-1834
    Voice: 574-235-5978

Email: apuzzell@southbendin.gov

5th District
    David Varner
    Home: 574-291-1798
    Office: 574-291-8022

Email: dvarner@southbendin.gov

6th District
    Oliver Davis
    Home: 574-288-4623
    Voice: 574-235-5986

Email: odavis@southbendin.gov

At Large (President)
    Timothy Rouse
    Home: 574-233-4049
    Voice: 574-232-6872

Email: trouse@southbendin.gov

At Large

Al Kirsits
    Home: 574-287-6529
    Voice: 574-235-5980

Email: akirsits@southbendin.gov

Karen White
    Home: 574-289-5765
    Voice: 574-235-5985

Email: kwhite@southbendin.gov

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Success!!

I received a letter today that last night's meeting of the Common Council decided that this initiative was not worth pursuing.. In other words, they backed off it like a hot potato.

There were, according to the letter I got, more calls and letters on this than on any single issue EVER, from Southern IN, IL, and many other places. I think we can call this a success for the Second Amendment! Thanks to Jim Tomes and the Second Amendment Patriots (in Evansville) for coordinating the effort!

Blessings,
    B

bw8755

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    South Bend
    I received a letter today that last night's meeting of the Common Council decided that this initiative was not worth pursuing.. In other words, they backed off it like a hot potato.

There were, according to the letter I got, more calls and letters on this than on any single issue EVER, from Southern IN, IL, and many other places. I think we can call this a success for the Second Amendment! Thanks to Jim Tomes and the Second Amendment Patriots (in Evansville) for coordinating the effort!

Blessings,
    B

I'm sooo glad to hear this. I've been in the dark as I was unable to attend and there was no mention on any news around here. :cheers::rockwoot::patriot::cheers::D

bw8755

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    South Bend
    Oh, in case I forgot to mention, I had received one reply to my original email to the council. Derek Dieter replied with a thank you and his agreement with my/our views. We should keep him in mind for future votes.

Farmritch

Expert
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    OC
    I remember being at a council meeting a year or so before the AWB,
    They decided south bend should lead the country in liberial ideas , they passed thier little package reguardless of the 98% opposition.
    You know they are from the Government and here to help us you know, and don't bother with the facts thier minds were already made up.
    As I recall before it became or slightly afterwords it was found to be against the State constitution ( please excuse me if I'm a little off on times & dates I'm getting old)
    Guess they thought we needed all the protection the city could give us again LOL

Farmritch

Top Bottom