• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • m4_dave

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 23, 2009
    North Central IN
    I just got back from there.I have decided that's my last gunshow for a while.It seems all gunshows are mostley a bunch of old wore out used guns.If there is anything nice they want a fortune for it.Ammo is just outrages I could go to any gun store and buy anything there cheaper than the price at gun shows.

2cool9031

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    NWI
    Thanks for saving me a trip to South bend. Now that I think of it those are probably the same guys that were selling at the Crown Point Gun Show...and I heard that sucked.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Thanks for saving me the trip up US31. Gun shows just aren't what they used to be. Used to be I didn't mind driving a hundred miles or so to a show, but with gas prices going up, and firearms and ammo passing beyond mearly outrageous, I guess gun shows will be a thing of the past for a while longer.

Lafayette show is next weekend, and if it is like the last one, my neighbors and I could have a better display of firearms!

m4_dave

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 23, 2009
    North Central IN
    So far every gunshow I have been to this year has just been a waste of time.I am alot better off gettting anything I need at the local gun store or buying it online.

bobn911

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Edwardsburg, MI
    One seller had a box of 550 Federal .22lr marked $50.00, while most had them marked $30.00. I hope they choke on them. I think the best deal in the house is a lady at the far end of the room that had MTM ammo boxes priced very fair. Later, Bob

Last edited:

INMIline

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    Indiana/Michigan line
    The shows seem to be returning to normal. It was very slow there. All the vendors were bitching because they had no crowd. I guess there was some there was a big race down town and all the parking was clustered. I look for them to be priced to sell today out of frustration

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    The shows seem to be returning to normal. It was very slow there. All the vendors were bitching because they had no crowd. I guess there was some there was a big race down town and all the parking was clustered. I look for them to be priced to sell today out of frustration

Agreed that they do tend to get their prices in line with reality when they are not selling. I also expect gun shows to get back to normal soon.

The big rush to get guns seems to be fading, many first time buyers flooded shows and bought whatever was sitting on the table in front of them. That is no longer happening. At least not to the extent that it was occurring and clearly whatever is left of that trend is slowing quickly.

The best part about gun shows is that you can often find parts that are hard to come by in other areas. Things like Bolt Carrier Groups are still heavily backordered at most on-line suppliers, so gun shows offer the chance to pick up those because that is not a part that is commonly found in a typical gunshop. Ditto other accessories.

12bee

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    I sold out of pistol ammo early and the only brick of .22 I had.I was told my prices were fair.That's why I sold out I suppose.I sold alot of misc. stuff also.Bought a 1953 Ruger Standard from a dealer for an OK price, but most had thier guns and ammo overpriced in my opinion (also primers 7.00 a hundred?)I quit putting guns and ammo out until just before the show starts, so that the people paying to get in has the same opportunity as the dealers.

Top Bottom