• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rmabrey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    SO i will take the fault as the probable cause that started this. I had a momentary lapse in memory of the rules of the road and turned left in front of a guy in a classic mustang that was turning right.

Ok my fault, nobody was hurt, sorry.

At this point I am behind a nice truck hauling a trailer with a classic mustang. Obviously these guys are buddies. When we got on the highway I proceeded to pass the truck, as i figured they would take a while to get up to speed.

The drive then decides to speed up so i cant get in front of him. We are now doing 90 (really dude? 90 in a quad cab hauling a car?). Here is where i probably should have slowed down and let him go, but i was caught up in what was going on around me. I eventually pass him but then have to slow down for traffic entering the highway.

Now he is tailgating me. The thought did cross my mind to brake check him (and believe me he wouldnt have been able to react without losing his trailer) but I decided that was mean. What do I get for my efforts of trying to be the bigger person.

Yes the INGO salute!!!

:ranton:

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    364   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    All cars should have an "I'm sorry, temporary idiot on board" signal.

Having said that, what a tool! He was endangering a whole lot more people by haulin a** with a trailor.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Man that sucks. Sounds like the other guy has a "thing" the size of a christmas tree light and wanted to disprove it to the world (nice truck, aggressive driving, mustang on back). What a tool. Some folks are jerks in traffic, but maybe we should not become one ourselves (not saying you did, I think you did a-ok in not brake checking the fool). +1 rmabrey! :)

When I drive, I imagine a little karma meter in my dashboard. Sounds childish and probably is :D Anytime I even put my hand close to the horn, - karma. Anytime, even muttering to myself, I call someone out on their poor driving, - karma. Tailgate someone, - Karma. Let someone into traffic, + Karma, and so on... Really helped out! I also have a stressball in the car. Imagine someone talking themselves down and squeezing a ball. If they aren't scare before, they are now! :D

USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson
    SO i will take the fault as the probable cause that started this. I had a momentary lapse in memory of the rules of the road and turned left in front of a guy in a classic mustang that was turning right.

Ok my fault, nobody was hurt, sorry.

At this point I am behind a nice truck hauling a trailer with a classic mustang. Obviously these guys are buddies. When we got on the highway I proceeded to pass the truck, as i figured they would take a while to get up to speed.

The drive then decides to speed up so i cant get in front of him. We are now doing 90 (really dude? 90 in a quad cab hauling a car?). Here is where i probably should have slowed down and let him go, but i was caught up in what was going on around me. I eventually pass him but then have to slow down for traffic entering the highway.

Now he is tailgating me. The thought did cross my mind to brake check him (and believe me he wouldnt have been able to react without losing his trailer) but I decided that was mean. What do I get for my efforts of trying to be the bigger person.

Yes the INGO salute!!!

:ranton:

Takes 2 to tango.

Just saying.

USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson
    I wont argue that. I should have pulled back at the point. Do I think i would have still gotten the finger, probably.

Yea you probably would have gotten the finger. If i had a dime everytime someone gave me the finger....well you know. I know its hard to stop once you get caught up in it, done it myself. These days this is how road rage incidents get started.
    What if we get all caught up in it and then have to defend ourselves with deadly force. Wouldn't look good going 90 mph, brake checking, or giving the finger. Chalk it up as one finger and a lesson learned I guess.

rfontes

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 23, 2010
    Noblesville
    damn, people in indianapolis drive like savages, the first thing i noticed when i moved to this state. either they have a lead foot or they cant stand another car getting in front of them(like your cutting in line or something).

IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    Meh, it's just the finger. You goofed, they decided to be *******s about it.... such is life.

I generally don't care about the finger, although I'm generally not the one causing the "finger" situation usually and I care about my vehicle way too much (sentimental value in it because it was my late father in law's, not because I over value "things") to let anything happen to it if I can help it.

That being said, what pisses me off is people who create a bad situation and then want to try and rage at me because I'm 1. I'm not moving fast enough for their taste, 2 I'm leaving room between myself and the next person in line or 3. I refuse to turn left in front of traffic with what I feel is an unsafe gap (If you have "JUST ENOUGH" time to shoot through traffic, then you don't have enough time to go, just sayin).

Just this weekend my wife and I were pulling out from the access road to Mikes Car Wash/Chase bank in Beech Grove at the light that joins Menards and Meijer onto Emerson. We're in the left turn lane and these two people behind us are getting PO'd because we haven't turned yet, there are like 4 vehicles oposite us... just at the end of their second honk, the third vehicle in line cuts straight across the intersection instead of turning onto Emerson Ave..... which would have SMOKED us and our 6mo old son if we had turned left through the intersection and it would have been our fault.

Said jackasses were throwing their arms up and pointing (my wife was actually driving) and honking until I turned around and gave them a less than friendly visual cue that cars go STRAIGHT through the intersection just as the car that would have hit us if we went when they wanted us to go went whizzing by them.

I didn't throw the finger, I think that's kind of an unnecessary "challenge" but they both settled right down and kept their distance from that point forward...... mission accomplished.

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008

You were at least nice enough to consider using brake lights. You could have just set your cruise control, then pushed and held that decel/off button. No brake lights to even give a hint of "Hey, this vehicle is slowing down." He would have for sure lost it then, as he wouldn't have gotten those few extra seconds to slow down.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    It is amazing how being an anonymous/faceless driver, shielded by glass and steel, allows folks to loose all forms of civility. I guess their true character comes out?

My wife had little run-in with a tailgating jerk the other day. Weaving, gesturing, and yelling, all because she was caught behind a little, old lady tootling down the road and couldn't safely pass her. When he finally blew buy both of them in one pass (flipping folks off and almost getting side-swiped by the startled old lady), she ID his truck, thanks to some bumper stickers. I know the guy, and now know what kind of person he is when "no one is watching".

I am far from a saint when driving, but I do try to not tick people off on purpose. Some folks just seem to have a chip on their shoulder....

Top Bottom