• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tim-g19

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Charlestown
    My Uncle who is in the army stationed at MacDill AFB sent me this pic. So I thought Id share it with the group here.

picture.php

NWIeng

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Hammond
    Very moving photo.

My grandfather has and now my younger brother is/will serve our country's military.

I was lucky enough to visit Washington DC three different times with my father. Arlington is moving to even those who didn't serve.

I'm sure everyone on here knows this already, but I'll say it anyway.

For those who haven't visited Arlington, put this near the top of the list of things to do before you leave this earth.

INRanger

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2009
    On the unfortunate occasions I've had to lay a comrade to rest in Arlington it has moved me deeply. I believe in those times I have shed enough tears to make up for all those times I couldn't.

sharpetop

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    If you've never been to military funeral it's the most emotional and beautiful ceremony you will ever see.

A salute to the veterans.

VN Vet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapolis
    If you've never been to military funeral it's the most emotional and beautiful ceremony you will ever see.

A salute to the veterans.

My first degree is in Music Performance. I have played Taps at many Military Funerals over the past 40+ years. Yes, they are moving and memorable. The hardest gig I ever play.

If any of you need Taps played, please contact me. I will do it free of any charges. It is my privilage and honor to do so. I also use a WWII Bugle and not a Trumpet.

From one Vet to all the others.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2008
    Granite Falls, NC
    I've never been to Arlington, but I don't mind admitting that the first time I saw the Vietnam Memorial wall, I cried. I still tear up a little when I see pictures of it.

Thank you to all who have or are serving. If it wasn't for your service, this country wouldn't be the place it is today. :patriot:

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    I tear up for 2 reasons when I got to see Arlington.
    1. It used to be our home place.
    2. For all those that rest there.

And if you think Arlington is impressive you should see the one in Luxembourg.

Top Bottom