• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Turtle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 8, 2008
    INDY
    Here is a decent knife at a decent price. (39$) This is the "SOG FLASH II" Its got a 3.5in AUS-8 stainless steel blade a very light glass filled zytel handle allowing the whole knife to only weigh 3.1oz. It has a neat and well thought out locking mechanism. Its tight and feels natural And a super fast assisted opening action. I didn't think I would like the low riding kinda deep carry pocket clip.... But I LOVE IT! its got a nice curve in the clip that makes it easy and fast to pull from my pocket. Totally opposite than what I thought. The blade is very sharp and has a nice belly on the blade. It has some wicked serrations. Now I'm not a huge fan of serrations, But this is a light knife with steel Ive only read about. So I thought It might serve better with the serrated edge. I think I made the right choice. Now in not big on plastic handled knives but this handle feels really good. My only complaint about this knife is its blade wobbles a little as it needs the screw tightened and maybe due to the use of zytel as opposed to maybe G10. Just my thought.
    The clip is reversible and its got a useless little safety lock to lock the blade closed. And of course a lanyard hole. Im playing with mine right now. And this things great. TURTLE! TURTLE!

norie225.jpg

norie204.jpg

norie193.jpg

norie160.jpg

norie161.jpg

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    the only thing I don't like about SOG is their fit and finish and customer service has gone down considerably once they stopped making stuff in seki city japan.

HMMurdock

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Sep 23, 2009
    Greenwood aka G-Wood
    I carried a SOG (different model) in the jungles of Costa Rica for a few weeks and it saved my life. Literally.

I heard they are now producing elsewhere... in what way has their quality dropped?

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    I heard they are now producing elsewhere... in what way has their quality dropped?

the quality is down because they are producing elsewhere, but thats not to say they aren't good knives they just aren't what they used to be as far as fit and finish. I have a seal 2000 with the seki city stamp and it is great had it for years.

rc5699

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    Muncie, IN
    the quality is down because they are producing elsewhere, but thats not to say they aren't good knives they just aren't what they used to be as far as fit and finish. I have a seal 2000 with the seki city stamp and it is great had it for years.

I have a Seki stamped Tiger shark, and I agree. The old stuff was better. The new stuff isn't bad but they are becoming very gimmicky.

Also I hate how they started to stamp SOG every where into things. Like the new PowerLocks have "SOG" stamped 10 times on them, Like we will forget who made it. I EDC an old Powerlock and I love the company, but I worry about it's future.

Especially since they were bought out by MCC Capital Partners back in May.

Top Bottom