So you want to reload but you don’t know where to begin (??)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Aszerigan

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    336   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Bean Blossom, IN
    I am very impressed how you articulated all the information. You have literally saved me hours of research and comparison. In addition, the information you have listed for reloading supplies is invaluable. There is such a wealth of information and experience on this sight a guy could spend hours just absorbing it all.

Wait until you come to class. :)

linkpimp

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2010
    So-Cal ~ Huntington Beach
    Wait until you come to class. :)

^^^ THIS^^^^

Thanks guys.. I'm really, really glad to hear that this thread has helped you in some small way.. Please remember I still would strongly encourage you all to research each product your considering purchasing.. This thread is/ was just meant to help build a foundation that you can work off.

There is sooooooooo much to learn in reloading, please just take your time research multiple resources before you chose your load and go slow.. Try to hookup with a local reloader, get books and ask questions.. The only stupid question is reloading is the one NOT asked..

Thank you again for your time team and please continue with your education as you gain experience and knowledge.. I’ve been doing this for over 9 years now and I’m still learning all the time..

Link..

Toolman77

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2010
    Wow, I will need to read this a few times, alot of info to take in. This is somthing I want to start doing and it will be a fun hobby. I also can save money on ammo and that means that I can shoot more. I will definitely do more reading per your suggestions.

boyscout

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2010
    I'm new to reloading. Where in the Indy area can I buy some Hodgdon's "Lil Gun" powder? Gander Moutain doesn't carry it.

john0286

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Im considering buying the Lee Classic Turret Press from kempf, how do I know if I need to upgrade to the large and small safety prime system, what does it do? Also is kempfs kit comparable to the kit you might get at gander mountain or cabelas for $200?

GetA2J

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Terre Haute,Indiana
    I had heard this is the last year to reload your own ammo.
    Something about govt. regulating the process...any truth?

Nothing on the books yet. There have been roumers for a couple of years though. I don't really think they can get anything like that passed. There are too many diy'ers that would protest and vote them out if they tried.

huzyerdaddy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    Hamilton County
    Im considering buying the Lee Classic Turret Press from kempf, how do I know if I need to upgrade to the large and small safety prime system, what does it do? Also is kempfs kit comparable to the kit you might get at gander mountain or cabelas for $200?

you probably need to call Kempts to be sure about that...:twocents:

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010
    Ugh, this makes it sound like fun... More money to spend!

I guess I need to look into a book or a class ASAP!

Thanks for the great post!

pleiades

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 17, 2011
    About how much $$$ is required to start up reloading? How much did some of you invest in your set up?

HDSilvrStreak

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Fishers
    My start up investment was probably close to $200, maybe a bit more. I started reloading in March and I've already made up that investment. I only bought a Rockchucker single stage press though. It will cost more if you start on a progressive press. For my money, the Rockchucker is perfect. It take a little longer, but I'm not reloading thousands of rounds a week. I do a couple hundred at a time and it has worked out great. I have about 800 rounds of both 45 and 40 in the safe as a "buffer" for those weekends when I shoot a lot.

Top Bottom