So you find something that appears to be an explosive device. Dam!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    That sucks. You never know if the ordnance you find in grandpa's attic is live or inert. We get runs on found grenades pretty frequently. If they appear to be intact, we x-ray them to see if they still have the fuse and filler. Not ever having been in the military, I don't think I would pull the pin on a grenade that I found.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    That sucks. You never know if the ordnance you find in grandpa's attic is live or inert. We get runs on found grenades pretty frequently. If they appear to be intact, we x-ray them to see if they still have the fuse and filler. Not ever having been in the military, I don't think I would pull the pin on a grenade that I found.
    Having thrown a grenade or two, I would never even think about pulling the pin on one unless my life depended on doing so.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Anytime I dig a hole to plant a tree I'm thinking about the possibility of finding unexploded ordnance.
    Living in a country where two world wars took place it's very common.
    I think our bomb disposal squad find something like 400 tons of explosives each year.

Sometimes huge quantities at a time.
    In this case over 120 bomb shells in somebody's yard right next to the house.

5edf1e54aaddf_11626790.jpg

In 2019 over 600 grenades were found on a local beach, in like 3 days.

B9718568970Z.1_20190213115912_000%2BG4ICVKMPQ.1-0.jpg

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Anytime I dig a hole to plant a tree I'm thinking about the possibility of finding unexploded ordnance.
    Living in a country where two world wars took place it's very common.
    I think our bomb disposal squad find something like 400 tons of explosives each year.

Sometimes huge quantities at a time.
    In this case over 120 bomb shells in somebody's yard right next to the house.

5edf1e54aaddf_11626790.jpg

In 2019 over 600 grenades were found on a local beach, in like 3 days.

B9718568970Z.1_20190213115912_000%2BG4ICVKMPQ.1-0.jpg
    At the base I was stationed at in Germany they advised that if you walked or jogged thru the woods stay on the trails, because there was likely unfound ordnance from WWII laying around in the bushes.

Ddillard

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Apr 29, 2016
    Jeffersonville
    Same here.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    At the base I was stationed at in Germany they advised that if you walked or jogged thru the woods stay on the trails, because there was likely unfound ordnance from WWII laying around in the bushes.
    When I was a kid living there in the early '70's they were constantly drilling this into our heads in school. Hell when they were digging the footers for a new gym at the junior high they dug up an old German bunker full of all kinds of cool stuff. The teachers confiscated it all because it was dangerous. I guess so but I've never seen a dagger, helmet or map case go off so I wouldn't be familiar with their explosive capabilities.

Top Bottom