• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Colinb913

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2012
    Newburgh
    Yeah, never been. Due to a few things lining up just the way they should be, it seems that my fiance and I are going to make it up there Saturday, and Sunday this weekend. Staying at the J.W. Marriott downtown..

We're both pretty excited, her because she hasn't been to Indy for a few years, me because we're finally taking a vacation to a destination I already know all the gun laws.

We're only gonna be there for two days, so I need to know two fabulous places to eat. We'll probably go to the mall, walk downtown, see the canal, other than that, what else is there to do?

Well, you locals of Indy, edumucate me.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    Yeah, never been. Due to a few things lining up just the way they should be, it seems that my fiance and I are going to make it up there Saturday, and Sunday this weekend. Staying at the J.W. Marriott downtown..

We're both pretty excited, her because she hasn't been to Indy for a few years, me because we're finally taking a vacation to a destination I already know all the gun laws.

We're only gonna be there for two days, so I need to know two fabulous places to eat. We'll probably go to the mall, walk downtown, see the canal, other than that, what else is there to do?

Well, you locals of Indy, edumucate me.

If you want a nice meal that will bring out your inner man and please the lady, then try the Weber Grill restaurant downtown. Incredible.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    We have the "best" childrens Museum, in the world... Eitlejorg, of western art, In. State museum, Motor Speedway, several indoor gun ranges, if you like Bison, I think Ted's Steakhouse,serves it, up north, on 86th st., I think .....

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    If you like meat, the Fogo De Chao absolutely cannot be beat. It is hands down the best meal I ever eaten at a restaurant.

casselmb

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    Second [Edit: third] the vote for St. Elmo. It's a staple of Indy, and not a chain. Prices are a little steep, but worth it IMO. Mug N Bun Drive-In on the Westside (10th St I think) is a good choice on the other side of the spectrum. It's been around forever, and for good reason.

pwoller

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Elmos isnt cheap but not rediculous like some of the Indy steakhouses. I consider myself a steak snob and it is the best I've had besides one cooked by me. The cowboy ribeye is my steak of choice.

What kind of food do you like?

I'd skip the mall its a freaking joke.

Colinb913

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2012
    Newburgh
    My fiance wants to go to the mall. She's used to Eastland mall, here in the big bad town of Evansville, so she's excited. I assume it's on par with malls like Louisville, and St. Louis, correct?

We like Steak, so sounds like St. Elmos is surefire. How about a hibachi grill? We love sushi, but we want to go to a hibachi grill up there, so are there any that serve sushi as well?

Mf2racer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    I have heard the Spaghetti Factory has some good eats!

I will second this. A great meal with a scoop of Gelato at the end that wont break the bank. Not to mention the Spaghetti Factory has a great ambiance. Just don't let your fiance go to the restroom by herself there, it is in a awkward location :n00b:.

ricochet22

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2013
    Pssst, over here
    Let's see
    St. Elmo's
    Fogo De Chao
    Weber Grill
    mmmmmmmmmmmm we like meat
    and I am sure they have something wrapped in bacon :bacondance:
    Is there a Ted's Montana downtown? They have bison steaks worth trying

mrproc1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 25, 2012
    Indy
    Another vote for Fogo...
    The mall has had some problems with the youngsters the past couple Saturday nights. Nothing to keep ya away, so dont be surprised if you see some hood rats.
    As far as Sushi, I love it and nothing really downtown for it. But two spot I highly suggest, either
    Ichiban Sushi Bar | Home which is in Greenwood on US.31, you can stop on your way into or out of town.
    Or..http://www.tchopstix.com/ in Broadripple (short drive north of downtown)
    Broadripple is a nice little hip town. Lots of Bars. If ya'll smoke Hookah.. Nice lttle place around the corner from there.
    Hope this info helps.. if any questions.. just ask.. Im sure we can find some answers for ya.
    HAVE FUN!!

ParaManAR15

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 1, 2012
    Noblesville
    Well the NFL Combine is in Indy this weekend so you can expect the JW to be packed. Possibly run in to some NFL coaches, execs, and future players.

Top Bottom