So what do you suppose happened to all of that ammo?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • flightsimmer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    Do you think one the cartels have it and if so do you suppose they will hang onto it or try to sell it? My guess is that they would hang onto it for their own use.

Now I'm not especially well informed but I haven't heard anything about it in the news or anywhere else. Maybe we should ask Tucker Carlson to investigate and see what's going on. Well, who else can you trust?

COOPADUP

Accipiter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 8, 2017
    Hamilton County
    I would agree with you that they would keep it for themselves.
    They could keep there operations equipped with ammo for a long time considered how much was stolen.

Spear Dane

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 4, 2015
    Kokomo area
    What are they going to do with a zillion rounds of .22? I think someone screwed the doggie, had faulty intel; they hit the wrong target and that stuff is buried in the desert now...possibly along with the body of the person responsible. Again... these are not small game hunters...this is a cartel, they routinely do battle with other cartels and the Federales..what are they going to do with a bunch of .22 ammo?

flightsimmer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    What are they going to do with a zillion rounds of .22? I think someone screwed the doggie, had faulty intel; they hit the wrong target and that stuff is buried in the desert now...possibly along with the body of the person responsible. Again... these are not small game hunters...this is a cartel, they routinely do battle with other cartels and the Federales..what are they going to do with a bunch of .22 ammo?
    My understanding is that there was a wide variety of ammo stolen not just 22 LR but hey if they don't need the 22 LR stuff I'll buy some. LOL.

flightsimmer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    The article indicates that a lot of ammo comes FROM the USA along with weapons.
    I get the idea that it's not safe in Mexico, imagine that.
    Well of course it's not very safe hear in the US either.

LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town
    Do you think one the cartels have it and if so do you suppose they will hang onto it or try to sell it? My guess is that they would hang onto it for their own use.

Now I'm not especially well informed but I haven't heard anything about it in the news or anywhere else. Maybe we should ask Tucker Carlson to investigate and see what's going on. Well, who else can you trust?
    You're kidding on all counts (except about not being well informed), right? If your post isn't sarcasm, then... wow! If you're serious, then this is a prime example of why the general public is scared of gun owners.

The answer is probably a whole lot less nefarious. People were stocking up before the election (crazy panic) and then people have been buying guns nonstop in recent months (even crazier panic). When people calm down and take a breath, prices and supply will come back to normal.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    You're kidding on all counts (except about not being well informed), right? If your post isn't sarcasm, then... wow! If you're serious, then this is a prime example of why the general public is scared of gun owners.

The answer is probably a whole lot less nefarious. People were stocking up before the election (crazy panic) and then people have been buying guns nonstop in recent months (even crazier panic). When people calm down and take a breath, prices and supply will come back to normal.
    He is referring to the truck hauling ammo from a plant in Mexico that was hijacked and stolen. (See post #9)

He is not referring to the general ammo shortage.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Yes. Reading is FUNdamental. :):
    It also helps to include exactly what you are referencing in post#1. So cut LP1 a break. I had to ask what we were talking about because apparently up until that point, everyone posting happened to have read that article and knew what was going on.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    It also helps to include exactly what you are referencing in post#1. So cut LP1 a break. I had to ask what we were talking about because apparently up until that point, everyone posting happened to have read that article and knew what was going on.
    I just meant that if he had continued to read down to post #9 in response to you asking for context (his was #14), the article was posted. I know it happens - people reply to the first post without reading the others. I've been guilty of it too. It's all good. :thumbsup:

Top Bottom