So.. what are you reloading at the moment??

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Flingarrows

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 9, 2019
    Greenwood
    We moved into our house a year and a half ago. Today I just finally unpacked the reloading gear and sized a bunch of 9mm

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    We moved into our house a year and a half ago. Today I just finally unpacked the reloading gear and sized a bunch of 9mm

Good timing. You'll be the only kid on your block with any. I've proofed a new recipe from the 1st session, so I'm starting my second session of the same caliber.

Flingarrows

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 9, 2019
    Greenwood
    Good timing. You'll be the only kid on your block with any. I've proofed a new recipe from the 1st session, so I'm starting my second session of the same caliber.

I have about 300 rounds of 9 to reload. That will put me at about 700. Then I’ll switch to .223 . I’ve got lots of tumbled brass, so I should be able to turn a good amount of that too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    It's from an Accurate mold, 51-350 T. I shoot it in an Uberti 1876.

Very good, I would offer you some 520 postells but I would bet they are to long to make it bast the loading gate. They will not on my Browning 1886's.
    I have a few 500+ molds, lyman, a few saeco and steve brooks if you would like to try some to single load pm me a shipping address. Even better if you have any single shots.

76Too

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Dec 9, 2019
    Just Passing Through
    Loaded up some 7.7 Jap I made from necked down/trimmed/annealed 30-06 cases with 123gr Hornady SST's in front of 41gr of IMR4895. This combo shoots about as good as one could hope from an Arisaka.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Finished my 45lc 750rds 250gr Missouri bullet over 7.7gr 800x CCI LPP, and started working on 9mm again using Hoosier Bullets 124gr Poly coated rn bullets over 4.1gr HP-38 and CCI SPP. Only got 600rds Finished on the 9mm. Reloading when I have time this last 5 days.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Loaded up some 7.7 Jap I made from necked down/trimmed/annealed 30-06 cases with 123gr Hornady SST's in front of 41gr of IMR4895. This combo shoots about as good as one could hope from an Arisaka.
    I use to do the same with my 7.7 Jap. I used 150gr Hornady sp. That was back in the early 90's though. I sold it and kick myself for it. It was in excellent condition.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Yesterday started trials for a heavy plain base mold in a 25-20 bolt action.
    Running initial tests for tipping. Can chronograph when it makes round holes and begin loading tables.

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    I use to do the same with my 7.7 Jap. I used 150gr Hornady sp. That was back in the early 90's though. I sold it and kick myself for it. It was in excellent condition.

I just read the you shoot 338. Have you seen the over runs and seconds bullets that are on sale at Midway? As of yesterday there were 2 or 3 different 338 bullets on sale.

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    Yep grabbed several hundred of them already. Thanks for posting.

Good, I rolled hard on the 77 grainer .224 blems. They showed up yesterday in two medium flat rate boxes..... :rockwoot:

One of the yayas I shoot with bought big on the 338 250 grainers too. There was some very good pricing from Larry, almost refreshing....
    With the free shipping right now I ordered a few hundred 7 and 8mm's last night...

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Next think I'll be loading will be some 45-70. Just bought a Navy Arms Enfield Summit Frontier carbine and it can use hotter ammo than the cowboy loads I have on hand. Just got 100 pieces of Starline brass and some 300 gr. Sierra SJHP bullets to load some "hot rod" rounds.

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    Next think I'll be loading will be some 45-70. Just bought a Navy Arms Enfield Summit Frontier carbine and it can use hotter ammo than the cowboy loads I have on hand. Just got 100 pieces of Starline brass and some 300 gr. Sierra SJHP bullets to load some "hot rod" rounds.

I have some Starline in 45-70 and 90, its hard. I anneal it before I load it for the first time and every time I load it. Now saying that all of mine is at least 10 years old and they very well could have changed and softened it up years ago. It was discussed on a few BP forums so Starline was aware. If you would like to shoot some heavy cast postells send me a PM with a shipping address and I will be glad to send you a bunch ready to load. What I would send you drop at .460 and are lubed in a 460 sizer.
    Do you know what pressure that rifle will be happy with?

Edit, I just went and looked at what you bought. Interesting rifle for sure. I dont believe you could fit the long Postells in the mag, It would be interesting to see a chamber cast and see if a bore rider bullet would chamber..

Last edited:
    Top Bottom